Discussion: Trump: I'm 'Disappointed' In Republicans For Legislative Failures (VIDEO)

But many of them, like the Freedom Caucus came, and I see them all the time, ‘We love our President, we’re doing this for our President.’ You look at that, you look at the moderates, the same thing.”

I’m pretty sure none of them are saying this.

47 Likes

Time for a new straight jacket: XXXXXL

11 Likes

Trump is disappointed but the rest of us aren’t surprised, the GOP hasn’t been able to legislate for upwards of a decade.

I suggest Trump get out there and use the bully pulpit, there’s nothing like hearing a President speak to the people about his deep knowledge of policy and legislation. Do some live interviews Donald, maybe hold a few press conferences and let the people hear directly from the source.

35 Likes

Just an observation: When speaking, our so-called President never uses any word a typical 10 year old wouldn’t know.

14 Likes

“I like them a lot, I have great relationships. Don’t forget, most of them I didn’t even know. But many of them, like the Freedom Caucus came, and I see them all the time, ‘We love our President, we’re doing this for our President.’ You look at that, you look at the moderates, the same thing.”

WTF is it that makes him think that the phrase “great relationship” or otherwise pretending that other people think he’s awesome is like some kind of love potion?

21 Likes

It is a very tough system.”

:sunglasses:

6 Likes

The buck stops over there.

Great leadership.

23 Likes

“I’m disappointed that it doesn’t go quicker,” Trump said.

That says it all. Passing any legislation, not even to mention major acts like healthcare reform or tax reform, requires constant attention, cajoling, wheedling, patience, an attention span longer than a blink of an eye, and an ability to relate to people.

Trump has none of these characteristics, therefore he will live and die with executive actions…which will all be thankfully reversed with a Democratic administration.

30 Likes

Reminds me of how no one in the Bible appears to have known anything beyond what they could physically observe, despite the fact that they allegedly had an all-powerful omnicient being guiding them. But I guess that’s for a different thread.

8 Likes

Caption: Everybody CONGA!

27 Likes

What we say to Trump is not the same thing as what Trump hears.

33 Likes

Frump, release your taxes. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

7 Likes

Odd that he doesn’t know that much of politics is LOCAL.

1 Like

At least he didn’t try to grab that marine by his genitalia.

He might consider reaching out to moderate Republicans and Democrats to see if he could form a bipartisan working majority. It would shake up the Freedumb Caucus and the Republican leadership, but there is nothing wrong with that. It would be a giant stretch for somebody as incompetent as Trump but a clever populist President without a fixed ideology might give it some thought.

11 Likes

Much of politics is LOCO.

9 Likes

Hold on there, Bub!! You said hundreds of times during the campaign that you would repeal and replace Obamacare with something cheaper and better and cover everyone. In fact, you didn’t have anything in your inventory to sell as a replacement which was cheaper and better and would cover everyone. In fact, you didn’t have any replacement plan in your inventory and outsourced it to whatever Congress put out there.

That’s fraud, by the way, and as a business person you should know that. It’s just like Trump U., promising all sorts of great things to get the money, when there was no there there. Sure some people like the idea when presented, but were sorely disappointed when it turned out to be a con, just like your whole campaign.

So I’ll say it. The American people are stupid, at least the ones who voted for you. Or about half of them. The other half are just deplorable.

17 Likes

The TPM librarian informs me that your post will be moved from Non-fiction to Fantasy. Sorry for any inconvenience.

19 Likes

Look this week moderate Republicans were thrown under the Freedom Caucus bus. They must have aching backsides. I suspect they might consider a chance at real power.

4 Likes

Politics also gave us solid reforms.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available