Discussion: Trump Ignores GOP Guidance On Tariffs, Believes Base Won't Punish Him

Perhaps a few prominent Dems could point out, in simple terms, the direct connection between thinner wallet and Mango Carbuncle to make it clear for the redeemable thickies.

5 Likes

Yeah, here’s the GOP “guidance” to Trump on his tariffs:

“Oh, go ahead and do want you want, honey! We’ll just sit here and blow kisses to you while you do it!”

3 Likes

I need to start explaining to them that I’m not shunning them for their faith but for their hypocrisy.

Sorry, I’ll work on my messaging. :confused:

8 Likes

So they won’t punish HIM for driving this country into a banana republic that can’t sell their goods and services and will COST them if they want to BUY something? And he BRAGS about it? A complete and utter waste of space he is.

3 Likes

Oh, you stupid libtards! Even graduates of Sarah Sanders’ Chiquita Banana Baptist College and Dog Grooming School know that Mexico is going to pay for the Chineses tariffs.
DUH!

9 Likes

Trump and his minions act in a state similar to drunkenness.

Particularly if those 125,000-150,000 are in the right places.

2 Likes

Who could have seen this coming (yes there is breathless, sarcasm in these words)

(embeds this tweet)

5 Likes

Yes they do

5 Likes

I disagree, at least as far as the farmers in the Midwest who voted for him out of a misplaced belief in his negotiating prowess, which was largely based on his TV show and his non-stop self-promotion.

They are fully aware of the damage his policies have done to their continued success in overseas markets.

Now, what they will do about it in the next election is a different matter.

7 Likes

But they need the “left” vote of the coalition.
And a lot on the left are pro tariff

Yes, but the base is shrinking.

2 Likes

Perhaps a few prominent Democrats could point out that their goddamn MAGA hats are made … where?

1 Like

8 Likes

Like coning a customer, a lender, the nation, even the laws of gravity
physics, Trump believes he can over come the laws of trade economics
with serial lying B S. When in fact he’s a clueless fool on a fools errand.

3 Likes
3 Likes

The taxpayers are probably paying for them using money from the Treasury Dept.

2 Likes

More good news for soybean farmers, according to Trump and Kudlow. :smirk:

4 Likes

More reporting and commentary should reject the notion of tariffs being automatically, nonchalantly, passively and impersonally passed on to consumers.The American businessmen who make these decisions on purpose, should damned well eat it themselves! People tend to believe what American organized capital finds it convenient to have people believe, but it doesn’t make it true.

1 Like

Yeah, I was just exaggerating with the 99%, but they’re still saps for believing his bullshit. Remember the fable about the wise country folk who’d never be taken by the city slicker ?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available