Discussion: Trump: 'If I'm Guilty Of Anything It's That I've Been A Great President'

Have you considered switching over to a high speed Internet link and a Smart TV? We dropped cable about five years ago when the bundled price (cable, Internet plus a landline phone) soared well over $100/month in our area.

So drop the cable or Dish Network part of your package, but keep the high speed Internet link - we did this but still pay about $80/month for a very fast Internet link.

Take what you used to pay for the cable or Dish Network part of your bundle and put it into a kitty - say $80 or $100 per month. I just did a quick google and you can now pick up a 60" smart TV for well under $1000, Throw in a couple of subscriptions to Amazon Prime, Netflix and we get Acorn for some British stuff and we’re still well ahead of the game. Depending on your cable costs, you should be able to break even in a year or two, and get pretty much all you need in the way of shows, etc. I don’t do sports and the only thing my wife still needs an antenna on the TV for when the Oscars come around. Otherwise, the cord cutting is complete and without regret…

1 Like

Just printed your post. Have a smart TV and my son got me Netflix. Sometimes HBO and Starz throws me a bone - free shows for the weekend. Would love to cut the cord on Dish. Moving soon, so then would be the opportunity. Thanks for the push. I needed it.

2 Likes

Happy to Help! Once you’re in the new place, be sure to get a decent wireless modem with your Internet link. In our current house, we didn’t have a single device on a wired connection until last week when my son brought his high speed gaming desktop computer with him when he moved back home. We have laptops, tablets, smart phones, the smart TV all on wireless - easie peasie! Do set a password (so the neighbors don’t piggyback) and you’ll find literally cutting the cord is the way to go!

2 Likes

The con artist always toots his horn no matter how incompetent he is. Trump’s golf game is the perfect example. He’s a lousy player but he knows how to cheat and turn in a winning card.

1 Like

I would like to do this. I think TWC/Spectrum is not cooperative but I will look into it. We have RCN and FiOS but the FiOs has reached our corner (they dug up the street and our sidewalk) but not yet our small 11 unit bldg. RCN does not operate in our neighborhood yet. Thanks.

1 Like

You’re a bum. And an eight-year-old is indeed smarter than you are.