Discussion: Trump Floats Conspiracy Theory That Google Suppresses 'Bad' Clinton News

Unskew Google !

9 Likes

Let’s see–Kurt Eichenwald just released evidence that would, under normal circumstances, result in an arrest for treason, and here we are, once again, dealing with stories on infidelity and conspiracy.

Et tu TPM? Et tu?

5 Likes

Seriously! It is past time that Mr. Marshall ought to start overseeing what his reporters are spewing out.

3 Likes

You know, a sense of proportion is pretty good. Breaking trading embargoes is not the same as selling the nuclear codes…

1 Like

So now many of the obedient media will proceed to try to put Google on the defensive and not bother to actually dig into the fact that it is a pure conspiracy theory. “Anything to help Trump” is essentially their motto. Notice how they have already dropped the Florida AG Trump bribe story?

9 Likes

The TPM headline I see, reads “Trump Floats Conspiracy Theory That Google Suppresses ‘Bad’ Clinton News”

What part of that is not correct ?

1 Like

“It’s not nice smart to fool screw with Mother Nature Big Brother.”

jw1

5 Likes

Huh. ‘Trump cri’ doesn’t suggest criminal on Google either. The conspiracy is larger than we thought.

11 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been wondering about the Bondi story. It’s like the NYT discovers the date on the check and suddenly everything’s OK. Show me the other checks in the series and I’ll believe they didn’t backdate it to look like it was written before Bondi made the ask. Even that doesn’t excuse the whole thing.

WTF, media?

6 Likes

“Trump rap–” doesn’t auto-complete, neither does “Trump cocai–”

3 Likes

Have you tried “Trump idio?”

3 Likes

The Trump camp must have talked to Google and fixed the problem.

I typed in “trump jacka”, “trump scumb” and “trump motherf” and none filled in with the auto spelling thing.

5 Likes

It DOES however suggest “Trump cries” and “Trump cringe compliation”. Which is consistent with every strategy Trump and David Bossie have concocted in their short sighted, venomous little minds.

1 Like

I am SO sick of this crap. LIFE is a conspiracy theory to Trump and his peeps. MAN UP AHOLES! There is no alternative.

2 Likes

I thought this was a very silly argument. let’s say someone does a search for “Hillary Clinton cried”. The Republicans are basically complaining that that person will never know that Hillary Clinton is a criminal, because the suggestion “Hillary Clinton criminal” (which would not have been relevant to their search) never came up. By that logic why not just require Google to put up billboards saying “Hillary Clinton criminal”.

The extreme rarity of treason prosecutions is instructive. From a prosecutorial standpoint, it’s a very high bar. Under “normal circumstances,” arrests for treason are almost unheard of.

3 Likes

Aw, Donnie’s just jealous of how many hits Ted “Carnival” Cruz got with the Google search for “servile puppy dog”.

1 Like

Dear TPM: “unproven conspiracy theory” is redundant. If it were proven, it would be reality and not yet another bullshit conspiracy theory.

1 Like

I bet he doesn’t know how Google works, which is to say, that it has not occurred to him that there could be a downside to being the most “googled” name in politics. Everything, good and bad, pops up immediately.