Discussion: Trump Denies 'Sh*thole' Comment, Says He's 'The Least Racist Person'

O I’m dead sure that’s true. He surrounded himself with with people like that - Sessions, et al.

8 Likes

“I have a dream”
–King

“I have a great relationship with the blacks”
–Trump

Why we’ll never have a day dedicated to Donald Trump.

10 Likes

His worldview and opinions are very much grounded in New York City of 1970, and haven’t evolved much since then. 100,000 Popeye Doyles turned loose on the streets and all would be well.

9 Likes

As mentioned by various outlets, it is not the word that is damning- everyone expects Trump to be vulgar, even his supporters.

The racist in him truly rears its ugly head when he denigrates black and brown immigrants over white Norwegians.

6 Likes

I’d happily celebrate a day of remembrance when Trump is removed from office.

12 Likes

I find it pretty funny how Republicans always scream about our urban hellholes teeming with violent and rapey darker-than-beige immigrants and buckets of blood washing down the sewers and dogs and cats living together (H/T: I mean, really, if anyone reading this doesn’t know what I just referred to you really don’t belong on this site). But you never see them wanting to buy property in a sweet little bucolic town like Buttlick, Mississippi.
As if that motherfucker Trump could ever live in Mayberry, RFD, although he would have made Gomer look like the town’s equivalent of Stephen Hawking.

11 Likes

Here, in MLK’s day of remembrance, the story should not be what the occupant said, but how he will never accept or allow his self to be credited for even the most benign mistake - much less the insane, unconstitutional, or borderline-criminal actions he takes on an almost-daily basis. Cmon “press,” let’s press him on this defect in his character. Confront him with the facts, as futile as it may seem.

8 Likes

1989 and the innocent Central Park Five, but what’s a decade between friends

5 Likes

Dotard Don’s denials would be more credible if the ‘shithole’ remark weren’t perfectly consistent with his policies and history of race baiting.

6 Likes

“Black guys counting my money! I hate it. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

4 Likes

If I was president I would demand that they come up with armored cars that don’t look like a rolling WWII bunker.

2 Likes

“I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed, that I can tell you.” Was this the first interview the reporter had ever done?

1 Like

Trump once referred to a Hispanic Miss Universe as “Miss Housekeeping.”

5 Likes

I’d buy everyone a unicorn. And ban Girl Scout Thin Mints. Blech!

“I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed, that I can tell you.”

I dunno…Roy Moore has a “Jew Lawyer”, he might be less racist.

5 Likes

The article misses the news this morning that Republicans are arguing the exact word the Lyin’ King used was “shithouse” and not “shithole.”

It’s worth watching yesterday’s comments by David Perdue, the so-called Repub Senator from Georgia, who insisted that Trump did not use the exact word attributed to him by the Democrats, who were “inexcusably misrepresenting” what the Lyin’ King said.

We’ve crossed the point where we can believe any of these lying Repubs. They’re pathetic.

5 Likes

The moral bankruptcy of the GOP is lit up like a fucking neon sign.

6 Likes

“Least Racist Person”???

12 Likes

Someone wisely posted a NYT article listing all of Donald Trump’s racist comments and actions, but I was kind of confused, because I never knew that the NYT published a 1,000-page edition.

6 Likes

Not really. Shithole vs. shithouse is all of the following:

1. Evidence that Dumblefuck is slurring his words again;
  2. Evidence that Dumblefuck may not speak idiomatic American English (if in fact he said shithouse);
  3. A distinction without a difference.
9 Likes