Discussion: Trump Concludes Campaign Was Spied On, Warns Of 'Long Jail' Time For 'TREASON'

I remember that day vividly. I was pointing and laughing.

My laughs are few and far between these days.

8 Likes

I guess he’s worried that someone he knows might be on that Mike Flynn (another coffee boy) voicemail. That’s what’s getting him this morning. Anyone know when that might be released?

3 Likes

…this is all slop that he is feeding his ignorant base. says a lot about the man for pandering to this crowd … but it should not be taken lightly that Trump is to a degree dependent upon a deranged and cruel segment of supporters who would take a week off from work and pull their kids out of school to attend a real live public beheading of “treasonous” political figures - and they would cheer - even if there was no real evidence - just King Trump’s pronouncement of ‘guilt’

2 Likes

Orange Slav Chattel says WHAT?

2 Likes

Trump is the master of projection. If he’s accusing someone of it, that’s only because he’s actually the guilty party.

Agreed. Get your pajamas ready, Trumpers!

Meh, the one voicemail may not be that exciting overall, just Dowd reminding him how much the president loves him with the wink-wink nudge-nudge, but lacking the smocking gun of “dude, we’ll pardon you”.

The other ones, including his call to the russkies, may be a bit more interesting.

They’re all due to the Judge by May 31.

3 Likes

This is a serious communications problem. President Shitstain stets in short clear sentences blatant scurrilous lies, but repeats them over and over and over.

democrats need to say succinctly and repeatedly:

“Russian intelligence agents stole private information from Americans and delivered it to Donald Trump who used it to win an election Then Trump abused the powers of his office to obstruct the lawful investigation into how that happened. The Russians were indicted for their crimes, Trump’s turn is next.” Break that into three tweets if you wants. Literally use all caps. Rinse repeat.

3 Likes

They’ll all get together and talk about your suggestion. In a few weeks.

1 Like

They can shout it from the roof tops, but they would never get a conviction in court.

I wonder if there’s a way that Trump can appeal the judges’ decision and postpone the release? Any lawyers out there that can answer this?

1 Like

Everything can be appealed, and they can ask Sullivan for a stay of his release order until appeals are exhausted, and if he refuses a stay, they can appeal that, too!

America’s a fun place.

1 Like

We are seeing a methodical coup d’etat. The Democratic leadership will do nothing to slow it down, let alone stop it. It has basically surrendered. Everything depends on the Democratic grassroots getting out the vote in PA, MI, and WI. We’ll have to do it all by ourselves, as we did in 2018.

3 Likes

1,000 likes

1 Like

You sound a bit down today. They’re doing things, things are moving. The first court case on the subpoena side is due a decision in the next couple of days (and will be the model for the pipeline to come).

Coups are (generally) nice and quick. Democracy is slow and messy. But it’s a game of chess, so you have to move all of the pieces to the right places to get to the king.

8 Likes

It’s not just messaging to Barr. It’s messaging to the FBI and any other official that they better not investigate what the Republicans are going to be doing between now and November 2020. He’s setting up the coup.

2 Likes

applauded by rented angels

1 Like

It just occurred to me… You can’t have a Constitutional Crisis if there is no Constitution…

Anyone checked the National Archives recently?

6 Likes

So we elect a Dem Prez. Without the Senate nothing gets done. No legislation. No judicial confirmations. No SCOTUS confirmations. Damned near nothing. McConnell has gone so far as to say SCOTUS can dwindle down to 5 or 6 Justices during the term of a Dem Prez, because a nominee absolutely will not get a confirmation hearing with a GOP Senate.
A Democrat in the Oval Office is far preferential to a Republican, especially if that Republican is Trump. But no one should think electing one causes anything meaningful to occur in steering the nation out of the mud. It’ll be 4 long years of gridlock and trench warfare. Better, but still terrible.

1 Like

Nic Cage is on it.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available