Discussion: Trump Concludes Campaign Was Spied On, Warns Of 'Long Jail' Time For 'TREASON'

“Nothing like this has ever happened in American politics.”

Someone should play him the tapes of LBJ calling Nixon treasonous for colluding with S. Vietnam.

23 Likes

I think Reagan had discussions with the Iranians on how to handle the hostage situation prior to his election, too.

12 Likes

Remember,America did not exist prior to the Don bumbling into the Presidency, history began in January of 2017according to his lizard brain.

6 Likes

Hmmm … and Nixon was colluding with a foreign government, against the interests of the United States. Why does that seem familiar? Thinking …

7 Likes

17?

The only treason I’ve seen is Trump’s. Like Louis XIV, he seems to think the state is him. And he doesn’t even have the benefit of the divine right of kings, although he and his followers seem to think God picked him. I’d be happy with a very long prison sentence for his treason, but not served at one of the model prisons.

3 Likes

Ooops…17 it is…

2 Likes

“Trump is just stealing his attorney general’s characterization of the launch of the Russia probe by calling it spying.”

I could be wrong, but I think Trump and his gang of criminals has been using “we was spied on” for longer than Barr has been around. There are articles from 2017 and 2018 about this. And recall “Obama bugged Trump Tower” from early on. Barr adopted Trump and right wing language, not the other way around.

But, if Trump says he was “conclusively spied on” then I guess Barr can just shut down that investigation he’s got going on.

10 Likes

I’ve always tracked it to the Day of the Golden Escalator, when Dear Leader came down as if from the Heavens to save us sinners.

14 Likes

It just seems like it’s been longer. A lot longer.

10 Likes

Investigations into the RWNJ orgs turn up big legal problems for RWNJs, so the investigations must must be illegal! Or treasonous!

This is the same argument the RWNJs used to get the IRS to stop challenging the tax exempt status of RWNJ, activist, politically-driven “non-profits”. It worked then.

How the IRS Gave Up Fighting Political Dark Money Groups

7 Likes

So, are Barr’s marching orders to now craft charges of treason against law enforcement agents concerned about Trump campaign staff interactions with Russians? Barr has shown himself unable to ignore Trump’s wants and needs. I suppose it follows show trials are coming.

8 Likes

Barr was in South America yesterday talking about the investigation in to the investigators. He posed the possibility that the FBI had put it’s thumb on the scale of justice. He said he wasn’t saying that’s what happened; he was just talking a lot of shit that it could have happened. Putting it out there for everyone to ponder.

12 Likes

Obviously the dotard has never read Article 3 Section 3 of the document he swore to uphold.
But details, details.

5 Likes

To be fair, isn’t that pretty much what cops and prosecutors at all levels do on a daily basis…

Barr just knows the dirty stuff that goes on, so he’s sure he can pin them on things.

2 Likes

The Republican Pocket Constitution has been noted to have a few accidental editing omissions.

9 Likes

Oh yes…there will be long jail time for treason…it will be for YOU…Donnie, you need a dictionary…‘conclusively’ does not mean what YOU think it does. Sorry, ConDon…

2 Likes

Yes, but at this point I don’t think Trump is scaring anyone in the intel community, or anyone from the Obama administration.

4 Likes

The Republican Pocket Constitution

The one I saw was just a second amendment stapled to a MAGA gimme cap.

5 Likes

And, one hopes, none of our candidates for office in the 2020 elections, whatever the position. We all need to be made of sterner stuff.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available