Discussion: Trump Concludes Campaign Was Spied On, Warns Of 'Long Jail' Time For 'TREASON'

It will be fascinating to watch the delusional Trumpladytes try to retain their fantasy as the preponderance of evidence unfolds.
I watched a very small, and progressively senile ( I say that with no disrespect, it is an accurate summation) handful of aging Iowa Republicans carry stubborn certitude of Nixon’s innocence to their graves, no doubt there will be left-hating Trump zealots who do the same.

3 Likes

Oh yeah. Barr is fully in line with trump’s entire load of shit. He’s trump’s new fixer, Cohen’s replacement. That’s always been his role within the Republican slime machine his entire career, paving the way for the worst of the worst.

3 Likes

These twits by Trump. The broad sweeping accusations by Barr. They have a purpose.

To build a ‘consensus based reality’.

Propaganda 101.

It’s designed to push the ‘overton window’ of what is acceptable in discussion points. It’s the spearpoint of the ‘move fast/break things’ - agile development for of altering reality.

Journalist Ron Suskind wrote of a meeting with a Bush ‘aide’.

The aide said that guys like me were ‘in what we call the reality-based community,’ which he defined as people who ‘believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.’ […] ‘That’s not the way the world really works anymore,’ he continued. ‘We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do’.
The source of the quotation was later identified as Bush’s senior advisor Karl Rove,[ although Rove has denied saying it.

Why do they do this sort of thing?

Because it works.

4 Likes

shhhh… you’re not allowed to talk about that. We all have to pretend that never happened, so we can act like there is no reason to start impeachment proceedings…

The electorate is made up of humans, flawed and otherwise.

One big reason we are in this mess is that our form of government relied on so many norms and traditions being followed by honorable people. With the presidency and an entire political party corrupted to the core and acting in bad faith, the limits of our Constitution have been strained.

If we ever have another election and manage to win back the Senate, the first actions should be to close all those loopholes with solid, unambiguous laws. Otherwise, we are inviting bad actors and foreign governments to do it all over again.

7 Likes

I doubt he sought anyone’s permission.

5 Likes

Sadly, I agree. Trumpism has caused permanent brain damage.

1 Like

Good Grief. Every time you think this absurd affair has reached it’s apex, it shoots higher. A tragic comedy if there ever was one.

4 Likes

I see the plan is for these suspects are to be arrested by AG Barr and put in Gitmo away from congress investigations till after the election. That is what I would do I I were KING!

While donnie’s blatherings are infuriating…Barr’s coldly calculating answers on this are chilling.

6 Likes

OTOH, starts significantly raising the stakes that the Deep State will start coming out with all the dirt that they have on Trump… Offense being the best defense, and all that.

2 Likes

well said

The Republican version has some significant redactions.

8 Likes

lese majeste, et L’etat c’est moi!

You know, the divine right of kings and all that associated horseshit. Have we impeached the motherfucker yet?

(HI @Tena. Welcome home. We’ve kept your question going in your absence and haven’t had hardly any Monty Python quote-a-thons.)

3 Likes

Or fucking the wrong person, or being accused of fucking the wrong person …

Ever.

Willfully, massively ignorant or racist or homophobic or sexist or deeply greedy voters voted for a self declared shit stain of a human in far greater numbers than anyone expected. THAT is why we are in this mess.

If it was the queen.

Yes, the wrong person usually did involve a queen.

Lordy…I hope there’s tapes!

3 Likes

It’s the Founding Fathers’ sharpie, I tell you!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available