Discussion: Trump Claims He Couldn't Have Known About Flynn's Sketchiness. Well, He Did

2 Likes

Ah, but Obama told him in person.

Had Obama gone on Fox & Friends to talk about shady Flynn, then Trump would have been paying attention.

46 Likes

If heā€™s pushing back, he knows YOU KNOW heā€™s guilty.

51 Likes

Good morning, Captain Obvious. :wink:

12 Likes

ā€¦and he never would have fired him.

13 Likes

Somebodyā€™s gotta do it. :laughing:

@tenaā€™s on the sceneā€¦jajajajajajajajajaja!!

13 Likes

What number of lie are we up to now? 50,000 and something?

Everybody knows you knew because you were told. Obama wasnā€™t speaking a foreign language, no matter where you think he was born.

45 Likes

Nawā€¦ Youā€™ve got a hubby, Iā€™m sure youā€™re well aware that just because you tell him something doesnā€™t mean he hears it!

8 Likes

Heā€™s tweeting again. Maybe this Flynn tape is dynamite.

19 Likes

ā€œTrump learned that Flynn hadnā€™t told him about a phone call he received from a foreign world leader back in May 2016. The Wall Street Journal later reported that the leader in question was Russian President Vladimir Putin.ā€

Thatā€™s one hell of a claim.

(And one hell of an assumption by anyone who believes it.)

Tenā€™ll get you twenty thereā€™s evidence itā€™s just another Trump lie.

Hell, Trump probably set up the phone call.

36 Likes

That would be an irrefutable argument if Trump and Barrack were married. hahahahahahaha

16 Likes

Donā€™t get hopes too high. According to the WaPo, it may just be Dowd trying to lean on him, but everything is in Godfather-speak, so no smocking gun of ā€œweā€™re gonna pardon youā€, but rather assurances of how much Trump cares about him, etc.

8 Likes

Here ya go.

I donā€™t have to point out how sleazy and contravening of known facts this statement is.

To reiterate, Barr is a true believer. If heā€™s not a member of Opus Dei, heā€™s a wannabe.

https://scholarship.law.stjohns.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2355&context=tcl

ETA

Behind the glasses, the jowls and the corpulence, lies a 21st century Torquemada.

47 Likes

Not ā€œmaybeā€, My Friendā€¦

I have not seen Rachel as visibly happy in many months. Last night she was using mob gangster jargon in talking about some of the things talked about on that tape. She also talked about revelations coming down the pike.

17 Likes

why was I not told so that I could make a change?

why didnā€™t you do your due diligence before hiring Flynn?

I mean, Flynn was feting Putin back in 2015 at the RT dinner. In was in all the papers. Didnā€™t that raise a red flag?

18 Likes

Flynn told McGahn that he was under investigation. I theek that story came out, because Pence was acting like a ā€˜shocked wifeā€™ about the initial developments.

37 Likes

I wouldnā€™t put much stock in that. For the past month, the only ā€œRussia investigationā€ stuff Rachel has been able to talk about was about sternly worded letters, subpoenas, and threats of contempt citations.

The stuff the judge released yesterday* was the first NEW information about the Russia probe in ages. It wasnā€™t much, but when youā€™ve been eating paper for a month, youā€™re going to chew the hell out of the first bit of food with any substance at all.

*and just to beat a dead horse, note that this new information did not come from a congressional investigationā€¦

I do not know much about Barr. But this speaks to internal motivation as opposed to external.

On the one hand, this suggests intractability.

On the other hand, jail cells can fit fat, corrupt true-believers just like fat, corrupt slicksters.
In my opinion, Barr is both.

Trump? The latter, obviouslyā€¦

8 Likes

Trump didnā€™t know?

Not only did Obama specifically warn him about Flynn, acting AG Sally Yates ran over to warn McGahn about Flynnā€¦and it still took them another 18 days to fire him. Then they send threats alternating with love letters to keep him from ā€œsquealingā€.

18 Likes
          Trump Claims He Couldn't Have Known

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available