Discussion: Trump Claims He Couldn't Have Known About Flynn's Sketchiness. Well, He Did

why was I not told so that I could make a change?

Donald, selective ignorance is only the same as actual ignorance if you are senile. Is that what you are trying to tell us?

8 Likes

Which raises the question of whether McGahn (or the transition team’s lawyers) told Trump about the investigation.

I just did a search of the Mueller report, and “Turkey” is mentioned only twice --neither time in reference to McGahn being told by Flynn about the investigation. So unless its part of a redaction, the Mueller report is silent on this issue.

Which just raises more questions… especially about the mysteriously missing counter-intelligence probe…

[on edit]
LOTS of good stuff in the article, like this tidbit…

Trump campaign officials first became aware of a problem with Mr. Flynn’s business dealings in early November. On Nov. 8, the day of the election, Mr. Flynn wrote an op-ed in The Hill that advocated improved relations between Turkey and the United States and called Mr. Gulen “a shady Islamic mullah.”…

Days later, after an article in The Daily Caller revealed that the Flynn Intel Group had a contract with Inovo, a Trump campaign lawyer held a conference call with members of the Flynn Intel Group, according to one person with knowledge of the call. The lawyer, William McGinley, was seeking more information about the nature of the group’s foreign work and wanted to know whether Mr. Flynn had been paid for the op-ed.

Mr. McGinley now works in the White House as cabinet secretary and deputy assistant to the president.

3 Likes

Dude’s mouth is always open because so many lies are coming out constantly.

2 Likes

Maybe it was told in ‘needlessly ambiguous terms’. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6cake3bwnY

1 Like

Though it didn’t stop one or more people from leaking, he supposedly (likely) did say something to either Trump or Pence.

5 Likes

You know that if Obama warned him, he was going to do the opposite. He is such an oppositional toddler. If this A-hole manages to get re-elected, we are totally screwed. As it is, I hope we can limp into 2020 well enough to survive.

23 Likes

Gee. Funny how all the horrible immoral stuff that has occurred according to Opus Dei has to do with women’s bodies. Whoever is gaming out the 2020 election for the GOP seems to have forgotten that women make up the majority of voters. With their divide and conquer strategy, pissing off all women who are not brainwashed does not appear to be a good strategy.

16 Likes

Sally Yates told him as well.

5 Likes

“why was I not told so that I could make a change?”

Translation:

17 Likes
3 Likes

Republicans are weak on defense. Great at wasting tax dollars on the military. But no actual defense.

Can’t win in the MidEast. Just grabbing ankles for Russia. Can’t keep the Mexican terrorists out. Resorting to impotent pleas for Iran to call us.

Pitiful.

4 Likes

And yet nobody thought to inform the smartest guy in the room, the one resetting things, that was a master businessman…

6 Likes

Today.
Trump flat out lied and whined while he lied, never ever taking responsibility for his failures.

Again.
Every day.
Again.

7 Likes

TPM could run a “What Trump Claims He Didn’t Know” series.

10 Likes

Mike Pence?

1 Like

Trump.

2 Likes

Obama told him that is the problem, if Obama hadnt told him then he wouldnt have known. Clearly it is Obama’s fault.

6 Likes

They’re all fecking liars, and Pence is among the worst of them, a total, pious fraud!

3 Likes

The biggest audience for his lies is Trump, himself. He is desperate to conceal his complete insecurity and lack of self-respect by overcompensating even single waking moment. I would love to see an actual psychiatric evaluation of this man; it would be scary. My issue is with those who believe his obvious lies.

5 Likes

Why so mean this morning?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available