Discussion: Trump Campaign Video Misrepresents Clinton's Position On Taxes

I think there’s such a thing as willfully uneducated, those who don’t care to learn what’s going on in any field but particularly in the matter of who’s suited to be president. We here for the most part represent a very curious bunch of people if the stuff we link to means anything, and that seems to lacking in trump followers. He is Dear Leader, all knowing, all wise.

4 Likes

Yes there are definitely people like that out there - many in fact. I don’t know how they get through the day but they do. My 30 year old goddaughter could’t tell you the name of one president, couldn’t tell you what continent Egypt is in, couldn’t name one river in Texas. And she had a very expensive private education.

3 Likes

Someone should splice video of Trump screaming at security to violently eject protestors, suggesting they be punched and taken out on stretchers, and the video of him saying “get that baby out of here” together. The narration can read “Does Donald Trump want to hurt our babies? America can’t afford to find out. Vote for Hillary Clinton.”

It’s just asking a question, so it isn’t actionable.

4 Likes

Bigly.

2 Likes

See? Lying Hillary even lies in her subtitles!

3 Likes

The press corps, losing their collective mind covering Trump, should learn from HST and dramatically increase their intake of narcotics. It’s the only way they can make it to November.

1 Like

In today’s NYT crossword puzzle, supposedly the most difficult one of the week, this was the clue at 42 Across and evidently it passed muster among everyone who had a hand in the puzzle’s construction. Or maybe it just annoys me because my representative Nancy Pelosi handed over the gavel to Boner.

Boehner’s successor as House minority leader.

I’m pretty sure most people can’t identify states on a map, or tell you the number of SCOTUS justices or know who they are or. . . why go on…

hahahahahahahahahahaha

I know and I learned some while ago not to think too much about it because it’s fucking terrifying once you start.

I do the Sunday Times puzzle every week. The Dallas paper has it and surprisingly the Taos newspaper publishes it too - in a teeny tiny format that puts my eyes out.

I have caught them in errors before. My mother did those crosswords her whole life and she used to catch them too.

1 Like

You may be surprised to learn that it is perfectly legal to lie in political campaign ads…but not in commercial advertising regulated by the FTC, who work to protect the public with truth-in-advertising laws where products are sold to the consumer.

Here are some links:

http://content.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1843796,00.html

There is some hope though and this is where you can use influence in certain states whose local media market has final say…though there’s no certainty this won’t be challenged on First Amendment grounds. Sometimes local stations however don’t want the hassles that come from mass complaints by the public and find some other excuse to pull the ad claiming it didn’t fit their station’s requirements.

What we need is a more aggressive update or reform to our truth-in-advertising laws. If you can’t lie about some food product or product that poses a danger to your safety, you sure shouldn’t be able to lie using false attribution to a political opponent in the public arena, particularly when there’s proof its a blatant and purposeful alteration or manipulation intended to misrepresent the actual truth.

There’s a difference between criticizing your opponent because you disagree with them, but making shit up or altering what a person actually says should be illegal and off-limits imo. Unfortunately, its not.

12 Likes

There are a couple of good swing states on that list. Given Trump’s legendary inattention to detail, This might bite him in the ass yet.

3 Likes

That is a perfectly fine construction for the clue, though clearly they intended it to be a little confusing. Boehner was minority leader and then Nancy was. Now saying Boehner was Pelosi’s successor as Speaker is an exaggeration.

1 Like

What I find interesting about that ad his campaign put out as well is that it didn’t end with “I’m Donald Frumpyass, and I approve this message”. Wonder how they managed to slip that one by…unless it was put out by one of his SuperPACs, which he’s been telling the public he doesn’t use.

4 Likes

“If we jump in the water, they can’t shoot us.”

“If we walk on the water, they wouldn’t dare shoot us.”

My favorite exchange in the movie.

1 Like

Ha ha ha ha ha. LMAO!

1 Like

That one caught my eye too. The language in the Michigan statute lets you off the hook for lying basically, as long as you sign your name to it, presumably with a “I’m Syphilitic Orangutan and I approve…”

The thing is, I think we established during the solicitation letters to foreign parliaments-thing that Trump’s PAC and Trump’s campaign share the same terminally flawed mailing list, highly suggestive of forbidden collaboration between the two. So if this were released by a PAC, it would still be worth looking into.

3 Likes

To wit, you will hear “the colored fella” mentioned at a local bar and everyone knows exactly who is being referred to even if politics was not being discussed. It also invariably will bring out a round of nonsense on “Obama-phones”, free stuff for illegals or how illegals are looting Social Security yadda yadda, yadda…

I can assure you that it ain’t the working poor saying this stuff…

2 Likes

Lying is normal operating procedure for trump and friends. It has come to be expected.

1 Like

Typical of the sloppy and lying Trump campaign. Watch Manafart spin it.

Notice Donald has not promised to cut taxes on the middle class.

He can’t. Somebody has to pay for Donald’s corporate welfare.

1 Like

See here, for reference.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available