Discussion: Trump Betrays Diplomacy Ignorance With Time Zone, Basic History Mistakes

"Foreign leaders appreciate that the President is willing to take their calls day and night.”

Don’t call us. We’ll call you.

43 Likes

It take a monumentally pretentious, arrogant, self absorbed asshole to approach an international negotiation and at the outset dispense with any notion the outcome should be mutually beneficial to both parties, and instead the aim being the U.S. goals rank first and all others are secondary in importance.

32 Likes

Cuz world leaders hate that book lernin’ and basic speech.

22 Likes

Selfish, self-absorbed, selfy self-self.

16 Likes

Big deal. I do that all the time. I also pronounce Trump as “shithead”.

63 Likes

I can imagine how the contact goes. Prime Minister, the fucking idiot is calling again. Do you want to waste some time humoring him or should we tell him you are unavailable? They may have stand-ins who just listen and make agreeable noises every now and then.

22 Likes

Fucking Moron.

11 Likes

“The President has developed strong relationships and good rapports that are not only friendly, but also allow for candid conversations with many of America’s closest allies,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told Politico.

In short, very much like the relationship Neville Chamberlain developed with Adolf Hitler.

8 Likes

My favorite, although there are lots of plums in the article:

Abe has met with Trump seven times one-on-one, but a former National
Security Council official from a prior administration said that Japanese
diplomats joke that “he’s had one meeting with Trump seven times
because he’s got to go back over the same issues every time.”

62 Likes

I think it’s very important for the press to balance stories like this by asking Sarah Sanders to spew some lies and nonsense all over it.

28 Likes

I just gotta ask. Is America great again, or what?!

15 Likes

Trump’s aides have to explain that other world leaders are busy people who don’t have time to chat, but Trump, of course, has lots of time #verystablegenius

17 Likes

That picture with Rex and Kelly is awesome.

4 Likes

It’s amusing our media avoid tagging Trump as the blithering idiot they all know him to be. Deference to the President, fear of revenge, fear of loss of access, they all come into play. Whenever they do tip their toes in the water they feel compelled to blunt their critique, having to point out he’s risen to the highest office in the land so there must be some sort of genius at work. Or that he’s wealthy, also another indication of genius. As if all powerful, rich people are also intelligent and well read, seemingly solely by virtue of that very wealth and power.
Trump’s fundamentally ignorant. That he’s duped a lot of people out of money over his lifetime, or duped them into voting for him, merely indicates he’s only marginally more intelligent than millions of other idiots.

39 Likes

“injecting stability” into our international relationships?!?

Down is up. Black is white. Russia is American. Foul mouthed charletan is diplomat.

15 Likes

Seriously – the orange moron wouldn’t know the difference.

3 Likes

Trump is the walking, talking, tweeting, poster boy for white privilege. If that didn’t exist, he would be trying to sell timeshare condos in Orlando and wearing a fake Rolex.

23 Likes

“The administration maintains that Trump’s gruff, “politically-incorrect” style helps him develop close relationships with world leaders.”

Trump supporters use “politically incorrect” to mask the fact that the correct term is “incorrect,” and that our president is ignorant. If he in fact has a big brain, it’s a horrible waste of synapses.

9 Likes

You mean it isn’t? His “Renoir” is.

7 Likes