Discussion: Trump Appeals First Loss In Congressional Oversight Case

1 Like

Surprised he hasn’t sent a few plumbers over to Mazars to just retrieve all the copies…

22 Likes

Judge Merrick Garland is going to be very happy to see him.

46 Likes

All aspects of the decision means the court will be asked to strip the Congress of any oversight of the Executive Branch.

27 Likes

Will Barr argue for Trump before the Court?

13 Likes

The lower court decision is not stayed. That means that the subpoena is currently in effect, and the accounting firm is supposed to turn the information over to Congress.

Trump will ask the Court of Appeals for a stay. If it’s denied, then Trump will go to the US Supreme Court to try to get a stay of the subpoena while the case proceeds. In the meantime, though, the firm is supposed to turn over the information.

I bet they won’t.

18 Likes

But wouldn’t it be sooo delish if they already over-nighted the boxes to Cummings?

10 Likes

The part that got um was that the judge denied a motion to by trumps lawyers to give them an extension to appeal the his running…not to mention that if this case fails its likely that the case to release trumps descuetes bank stuff will also fail b/c its being defended on the same grounds…that congress has no oversight of a sitting president…

Judge states …nixon was investigated during his presidency and clinton was investigated before his presidency…there isnt ANY historical precedence for his lawyers the opinions…not to mention that his lawyers are suspect of obstructing justice…

Man he really doesnt want this shit to surface…i mean you gotta ask youreslf how bad can it be…that he has gone to this effort to keep this from becoming public knowledge…

38 Likes

What that little S&L in rural Oregon?

Gotta love auto-correct. :laughing:

From what I’ve read, Mazar’s has a week to turn over the requested docs barring (hahaha) a successful appeal by the traitor_tRump team.

8 Likes

His appeal has no merit whatsoever, and even the SCOTUS know this. He will lose and lose bigly!

12 Likes

That would be pretty normal actually. You can’t put the shit back in the dog.

What I would do is move the court to order it produced TO THE COURT to essentially be held in escrow and released to the parties (or returned to the firm) upon a final decision. That way there can be no shenanigans after. Toss up whether the judge would grant something like that though.

7 Likes

Either the Appeals Court or the Supremes will grant a stay. That’s not really in doubt here.

1 Like

Just supposing they did send the stuff on, obeying the court before there is a stay…would there be any legal recourse by Spankee on this?

6 Likes

Six days now. Close of business next monday, unless it’s stayed. Mazars really doesn’t want to be on the wrong side if this goes against trump. Committing a tort against a client is survivable. Refusing a lawful congressional request might not be.

19 Likes

Over and over again. Waste and waste more taxpayer money. He is guilty as sht, he knows it, he doesn’t care and he hopes the ‘base’ thinks he’s being violated. Good Christ.

11 Likes

Count the Thought Bubbles. How many Thought Bubbles in all the Federal and State law, tax and intelligence agency worker-bees- and throw in the same folks WORLD WIDE contained some version of the following as Trump glided that escalator: " HEY, THAT CROOK CAN’T BE PRESIDENT 'CAUSE HE’S A CROOKI AND I HAVE BOXES OF FILES IN MY OFFICE TO PROVE IT."?

Oh how many of those Thought Bubbles?

(And who will tell the American people?)

1 Like

Things can always be declared inadmissible, which could blow up criminal cases…but that’s like picking the shit up with the reverse-sammich-baggy method. Everyone still knows there was shit there, it still stinks and you still have a warm hunk of turd in your fist, i.e., while it could make some mess for actual Court proceedings, I don’t think it would save Trump from Congress and public opinion or the political will shifting towards impeachment.

6 Likes

The notice of appeal is not enough—Trump’s attorneys need to get a stay in the Court of Appeals or else the accountants will have to turn over the documents that were subpoenaed before the appeal is heard. Based on my reading of the district court’s opinion, it is unlikely that the Court of Appeals will stay the enforcement of the subpoena.

23 Likes

Hoping you’re wrong, but you’re probably right. :smirk:

I like @jgreen777’s answer better! :laughing:

7 Likes

Suck it tDump. Loser.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available