Discussion: Trump Appeals First Loss In Congressional Oversight Case

With a compromised and corrupt judiciary full of Imbecile-1 judges, why would the scumbag back down? It is only a matter of time when the payback for a lifetime appointment will arrive.

4 Likes

The fact that he is a maniac does not mean success.

It means that he is a maniac and should be portrayed as such.

His “presidency” was tenuous at best. Now it is a dictatorship attempting to game the U.S. legal system into accepting that.

15 Likes

[quote=“sniffit, post:18, topic:88129”]
Things can always be declared inadmissible, which could blow up criminal cases…
[/quote] But an impeachment hearing wouldn’t hold same legal standards?

6 Likes

Could also see the Appeals deny it, and the Supremes decide not to hear it, if Roberts just wants to stay out of the mess entirely and not get his hands dirty.

23 Likes

His only real hope (I think) is that the Supremes will issue an emergency stay because reasons. Any of them who vote that way will, of course, be actively participating in a criminal conspiracy.

13 Likes

Bingo. CJSCOTUS would love to have this die in the lower courts.

14 Likes

I recall that they presented themselves as happily willing to turn over the documents but asked for a “friendly” subpoena first. Maybe there is a god.

6 Likes

Impeachment is not a judicial process. It is an entirely political process.

That being said, the CJ of SCOTUS presides over the “trial” in the Senate (a part of the process we have written off in this situation anyway), so I suppose it’s possible he could make “evidentiary” rulings. I’d have to look that up though. In the context of impeachment, which isn’t even subject to judicial review, that kind of thing would seem to be very much form over substance.

Congresscritters running around pretending they don’t know about things that are in fact already part of the public congressional record and being told by the CJ that they “can’t consider” certain facts in determining whether Trump sould be impeached, something for which there is no applicable legal standard on which the CJ can give Congress “jury instructions” in the first place (i.e., there is no judicial review available), just strikes me as foolishness. I can imagine the GOP may very much want to go down that sort of rabbithole though, using it for messaging that Trump should survive impeachment because it wouldn’t be fair or just to convict him on the basis of facts that would be excluded from a criminal trial. Their entire game with this so far has been pretending that impeachment actually requires some sort of statutory or common law crime as opposed to being a remedy Congress can resort to for pretty much any reason it deems appropriate.

12 Likes

I love the smell of desperation in the morning.

11 Likes

And advantage of that would be that they could deny with an unsigned opinion, if I recall the rules correctly.

12 Likes

A roundabout way of agreeing with you…

People should ask themselves three questions about Roberts’ mental retardation (or lack of it)…

(1) Did Hitler have a Supreme Court** he bowed to?
(2) Did Stalin have a Supreme Court he bowed to?
(3) Does Putin have a Supreme Court he bows to?

So why the hell would Roberts want to be Trump’s lackey? This is a retardation, not ideology question.

** Or equivalent

5 Likes

I’ll bet Consovoy, whether he wins or loses, will get paid enough to buy a good sized yacht when this is all over. Who’s paying for him and his associates? Who pays Trump’s private legal fees?

11 Likes

Dude, I really want to read some of your court filings.

10 Likes

It remains perplexing why people (in general, not specifically the poster) invoke the fantasy that John Roberts “cares about his legacy and that of the Supreme Court.”

Roberts is a Republican. Another technocratic Eichmann. He is not one of the good Nazis because there are no good ones, never were. The rule of thumb continues to be ignored by people who should know better: in criminal tyrannies, businesses fall first, the judiciary second, and law enforcement third. It has played out almost on schedule, but still people cling to false saviors and other such nonsense.

7 Likes

Depends what kompromat they’ve got on Roberts.

Most of these fuckers are dirty, look at Justice Kennedy, his kid and Trump.

Or Kavanaugh…

10 Likes

My impression was that all this is being paid out of his campaign funds. Which might also help explain the perpetual campaign.

13 Likes

…And everyone in the campaign has a private office rented in Trump Tower, so win-win all around!

Wonder if he puts up his lawyers there, too…

6 Likes

Gee, if that’s true, at the rate Spankee’s going now, there aren’t going to be any campaign funds left a year from now.

Not that I care. But I’ll betcha the RNC just might.

5 Likes

Haha…good court writing is not flowery, is to the point, doesn’t really rely on analogies that often and conveys the analysis without any fun or flare. The judge ain’t got time for it and neither does your client. Sooooo, I subject you guys to it haha

13 Likes

Trump is appealing the decision to . . . wait for it . . . the D.C. Court of appeals headed by Judge Merrick Garland.

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available