Discussion: Trump Allies Dismiss, Deflect From Bannon’s Role In Boosting Alt-Right

1 Like

Pottery Barn Rule.

1 Like

He’s going to get government healthcare and a government pension. I can’t tell you how much that pisses me off.

7 Likes

“I worked very closely with Steve Bannon. He’s been the general of this campaign. And frankly people should look at the full resume,” she told journalists in the lobby of New York’s Trump Tower. “He has got a Harvard Business degree. He’s a naval officer. He has success in entertainment. I don’t know if you’re aware of that. And he certainly was a Goldman Sachs managing partner. Brilliant tactician.”

I see a January ad

3 Likes

Conway said she would not “manage a campaign where that would be one of the going philosophies.”

Jesus goddam Christ. Because that’s clearly not what she just fucking did! Just like the way the thing that will make Trump’s blind trust a blind trust is the inclusion of the word “blind” in a thing that will be neither blind nor, most likely, even a trust.

13 Likes

Translation: LALALALALALALALALALALA!

2 Likes

“He has got a Harvard Business degree."

Can I has Cheezeburger?
2 Likes

Well, she did. Pretty much.

2 Likes

Actually, if you go back far enough on the full resume, there’s probably a connection to this:

3 Likes

Dave Chappelle bought that up on Saturday.

My belief id that the modern day GOP thinks that they are free n clear.

Let’s remind that its likely otherwise

5 Likes

“Donald Trump’s staffers have accused the media of overreacting to the President-elect’s decision to appoint Breitbart News chairman Steve Bannon to serve as his chief strategist.”

“Besides,” one Trump staffer continued, “the media are run by…you know…those people.”

5 Likes

You can dismiss and deflect but a turd, especially a fresh one…still stinks.
You could dismiss and deflect that Bannon is a racist alt-right ideologue… but the fact remains.

3 Likes

“When the cameras aren’t rolling and the reporters aren’t there I had the opportunity to be with Mr. Bannon and know the soft-spoken nature he is, the quiet counselor he is,” Meadows insisted.

Ah, well, why didn’t you say it sooner? All’s forgiven as long as he whispers “nigger” instead of screaming it. It’s not what you say or represent, it’s how loudly you say. Alright, folks, move along. Nothing to see here. He’s not going to holler racial, religious, or gender slurs, he’ll say it under his breath and then say, “huh, I didn’t say anything” when you ask him to repeat it.

8 Likes

TO JOURNALISTS & OTHERS:

Simply use correct adjectives whenever you reference this guy. Here’s how;

“…professional anti-Semite and racist Steve Bannon, also the President’s Senior Counselor-Strategist, said today…”

It’s very simple.

7 Likes

“Look, he may have soaked the burlap in kerosene, he may’ve even provided the matches, but he didn’t light the cross on fire. It’s not like he lynched somebody or something.”

3 Likes

FIFY

1 Like

Remember their names.

2 Likes

Its NOT what he has been or done…its’ who he is now and what he’s done as an advisor to the cheeto…

IMO he along with conway will be trumps media filter

1 Like

I wish I believed this man’s elevation to a position as a chief adviser to a U.S. President would shock the broad mass of Americans. But I don’t. The anti-Semitism, the hate for all the other groups, the conspiracy theories, any of it. He was a wheel in the campaign for months, that final ad was obviously an expression of the gutter minds he channels, and here we are. Remember how often Trump calls things “disgusting”? More of that projection of his.

3 Likes

Yes, and as I said in another thread, PLEASE STOP USING WHITE NATIONALIST. Many people do NOT know what that means. Most folks who aren’t deep into politics no more understand the significance of white nationalist than they do alt-right. They’re words with no meaning meant to dilute the offensiveness of these people’s beliefs. You are playing their game, providing them with an air of acceptability by watering down their intent. Please stop! People need to understand exactly who and what these people are and what they stand for. Whether it’s the Concerned Citizen’s Council, Focus on the Family, or the Family Research Council, they thrive in an atmosphere where journalists regurgitate the very verbiage those groups use to mask their true intentions.

3 Likes