Discussion: Trump AG Pick Will Tell Senators 'It Is Vitally Important' Mueller Finish Probe

I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. People here thought Rod Rosenstein would be another partisan hack when he was appointed. Yet he was responsible for starting and overseeing Mueller’s investigation as Special Counsel and protecting it from Trump’s attempts at meddling.

Also, this isn’t a lifetime appointment and he should realize Trump’s days are numbered so he’ll end up being accountable for any attempts at stopping the investigation.

But the one thing that needs to be asked is whether he believes it would be ethical for Trump and/or Pence to pardon themselves? Barr was responsible for the Iran/Contra scandal to end by telling Bush Sr. to pardon everyone being investigated. Trump and everyone involved can’t get Get Out of Jail Free cards after everything that’s happened.

I hope Barr is not confirmed.

1 Like

If Barr lies during the hearing what’s to investigate? It will be right there on video.

1 Like

…and if POTUS lies hundreds of times on video, what’s to investigate? The Senate wouldn’t call Barr on it, so I’m asking if the House is able to.

1 Like

When I was working as a reporter—about two weeks after the invention of movable type—we called those bar mitzvah pictures.

2 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oddly enough, Variety had no trouble at all locating a current shutterstock photo today.
I think you will find this is just laziness. That old pic is the one TPM happens to have on file.

From the looks of that, it may just be that they forgot to cross-reference with “muppet.”

1 Like

As AG pick, he will tell Senators “It is vitally Important” Mueller finish probe.

As AG, he will tell Mueller something entirely different.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available