Discussion: Trump AG Pick Will Tell Senators 'It Is Vitally Important' Mueller Finish Probe

I think the same thing will happen to him as happened to Whitacker. He’s going to discover the investigation has revealed a bunch of stuff that’s far more fucked up than he ever imagined and out of self-preservation he’ll back as far away from it as possible. Nobody loves Donald John Trump. Nobody. Certainly not enough to risk their own careers, reputations, and freedom.

5 Likes

TRy beer in the evening, coffee in the morning. Works gteat for me.

At this stage of the game, no one Combover Caligula appoints will be clean and that goes triple for any appointee that might damage him. The tell in this case is Barr’s assertion that, …the president’s firing of FBI director James Comey was appropriate and that the Mueller team, criticized by Trump for including prosecutors who have contributed to Democrats, should have had more “balance.” [emphasis mine]

I assume that no one here has any illusions about what a Reich-wing apparatchik means by ‘balance.’

2 Likes

Personally I think he is a lying Sack of Shit but you pointed out the only motivation for him to let Mueller’s investigation go its full course. He doesn’t give a rat’s ass about the rule of law or just doing the right thing for the country.

1 Like

No, because they have one on the front page with Barr as he is today. A greying older man with a double chin, possible goiter and pushed out jowls.

Thread.

2 Likes

who also moved to quell concerns during private meetings last week with lawmakers

WTF. Last week Barr refused to meet with Democratic Senators.
Hey AP: Your hackishness is showing. A Friday 5PM cocktail hour with GOP Senators is not the same thing as actually “quelling concerns”.

At some it must cross William Barr’s mind that Trump is hiding something about Russia, and it’s going to himself no favors by steeping in to cover for someone that is a proven ingrate.

I have a hard time wondering why would Barr come out of retirement to cover Trump’s tail. He would not be doing neither the GOP nor the Conservative movement any favors, not to mention the country.

It occurs to me that Barr might be faking it, signaling that he is willing to bail Trump, when in reality he intends to bury him once in position. Then he will go down in history as the as the incorruptible AG that brought down a treasonous president protected by a bunch of cowards in the senate. That would be something worth coming out of retirement for, like Mueller.

If William Barr does shut Mueller down it’s going to be very awkward for Mrs Barr since she’s in a bible study group with Mrs. Mueller.

1 Like

And what of recusal?
Trump made Sessions miserable over this issue. For what? Now we have a guy who has not recused himself. And so?

will insist that Trump had “sought no assurances, promises, or commitments from me of any kind, either express or implied.”

This is how you know he’s lying.

I certainly have no idea or a dog in the hunt, but the fact that it’s black and white and cut out in a collage suggests there’s a problem with it. Or who knows? Maybe they just really love that '90s photo for reasons I can’t fathom! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well now. That’s mighty white of him.

I guess it must have been some OTHER William Barr who wrote this memo & sent it directly to Trump?

It is inconceivable to me that the Department could accept Mueller’s interpretation of §1512©(2). It is untenable as a matter of law and cannot provide a legitimate basis for interrogating the President. I know you will agree that, if a DOJ investigation is going to take down a democratically-elected President, it is imperative to the health of our system and to our national cohesion that any claim of wrongdoing is solidly based on evidence of a real crime - not a debatable one. It is time to travel well-worn paths; not to veer into novel, unsettled or contested areas of the law; and not to indulge the fancies by overly-zealous prosecutors.

Fourth, even if one were to indulge Mueller’s obstruction theory, in the particular circumstances here, the President’s motive in removing Corney and commenting on Flynn could not have been "corrupt’’ unless the President and his campaign were actually guilty of illegal collusion. Because the obstruction claim is entirely dependent on first finding collusion) Mueller should not be permitted to interrogate the President about obstruction until has enough evidence to establish collusion.

His “tell” as far as I’m concerned, is that he sent a memo, shitting on Mueller, directly to Trump.

Likely as an audition for the job, knowing that Sessions wouldn’t last much longer.

That ALONE should disqualify him, IMO.

2 Likes

No it’s not. All that is required is that Trump fired him to prevent anyone finding out whether there is collusion.

2 Likes

" “I can assure you that, where judgments are to be made by me, I will
make those judgments based solely on the law and will let no personal,
political, or other improper interests influence my decisions.”"

Meantime lobbying congress to change DOJ’s ‘document retention policy’ to delete all documents unless requested by a 2/3 majority of house and senate…

1 Like

If (when) he lies to Congress during the hearing, wondering if the House can legally investigate the lie?

Trump AG Pick Will Tell Senators ‘It Is Vitally Important’ Mueller Finish Probe

Trump AG Pick Will LIE.

He’s been picked by Trump. That’s all we need to know

1 Like

Who cares what he SAYS? It’s what he DOES that matters, and he is a TRUMP TOADY…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available