Discussion: Top IT Officer At DHS Resigns 3 Months After Taking Job

4 Likes

Staropoli in June said he wanted to run his DHS office at a pace comparable to that of “a hedge fund in New York.”

Clearly that worked out for him.

Another master of the universe that can’t hang.

23 Likes

“Most hedge fund managers stay in their high-pressure, fast-paced jobs
for only a year to a year-and-a-half,” he said, according to a report by
FCW. “I stayed for eight years.”

wait a fucking minute - didn’t the article say he was the IT manager at the hedge fund?

22 Likes

Is he saying the Trump Admin can’t figure out what to do, and thus isn’t giving orders, and is - by implication dysfunctional/at a standstill?

We could see that, but getting an insiders confirmation - not through a leak, but through a resignation letter is interesting.

9 Likes

Trump only hires the best people. Repeatedly. In rapid succession.

29 Likes

“Most hedge fund managers stay in their high-pressure, fast-paced jobs for only a year to a year-and-a-half. I stayed for eight years.”

He’s a keeper!

11 Likes

The executive branch would seem to be in free fall.

10 Likes

The best decisions are always made in 45 seconds. Just like the Republican health care solution.

43 Likes

Apparently, those problems that took more than 45 seconds to explain were too much for him.

25 Likes

Government. Is. Not. A. Business.

(And hedge funds are scams.)

42 Likes

“Fast-paced”??!! The guy was cooling his heels at DHS for nine Scaramuccis!

49 Likes

Descriptions of his past, present and future have misrepresented/sketchy written all over 'em.
Gee, he shoulda fitted in fine…

4 Likes

…45 seconds probably doesn’t make for very many second dates, either…

13 Likes

…before stabbing them in the back.

5 Likes

I have to shamelessly admit that I just read this story with glee.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/reliable-source/wp/2017/08/07/stephen-miller-blasted-a-reporter-as-cosmopolitan-but-he-lives-in-a-1-million-citycenter-condo/

The details are fascinating. Thanks, WaPo.

19 Likes

Poor GRIFTUS, he lost a liar after his own heart.

3 Likes

This guy sounds like another one of tRump’s arrogant ego-driven blowhards. Glad he resigned. Apparently, he couldn’t contract out the work fast enough for our national security. Seems the guy didn’t have the staying power he claimed he had. I’m pretty sure some low-level civil servant at that agency has far more loyalty to the country than that guy.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

15 Likes

During his DHS tenure, however, Staropoli did mange a credit default swap with EPA, several currency arbitrages with DOD, and a leveraged buyout of the Education Department.

So there’s that

31 Likes

…and he still has to resort to “backpage” for a date.

7 Likes

Since Miller is a guy who’ll be pinkslipped twenty minutes after his patron(Trump? Bannon?) is forced out, he’d better enjoy the ride.

1 Like