Discussion: Tom DeLay Writes Letter Of Support For Hastert Ahead Of Sentencing

“He is a good man that loves the lord,”

and not just the lord neither!

18 Likes

so… in the Hammeroid’s experience the lord actually approves of child molestation and sexual abuse?

which version of the bible does the Hammeroid wave around and which adult bookstore did he purchase it at?

11 Likes

Well, once you get used to carrying water for the sorts of nasty folks DeLay is used to defending, I guess being a character reference for a child molester ain’t that much of a stretch.

12 Likes

It’s nice when felons stick up for one another.

18 Likes

“He loves and respects his fellow man.”

Really not a line you want to use about a guy who apparently is a serial pedophile who preyed on teenage boys…

22 Likes

“We all have our flaws, but Dennis Hastert has very few. He is a good man that loves the lord,” DeLay wrote. “He gets his integrity and values from Him. He doesn’t deserve what he is going through.”

Hastert gets his integrity and values from the “lord”? Ugh.

No wonder the republican party is coming apart at the seams. And of course, no acceptance of responsibility.

DeLay and all the others are nothing but self-serving, hypocritical scumbags.

Is there a reason for the small “l” lord, but capital “H” him?

8 Likes

These are truly terrible defenses for a convicted molester . I can’t access the letter–does he acknowledge the crimes anywhere? I mean, seriously, no one accused Hastert of molesting Tom DeLay, so who cares if they liked each other?

(edit: Sorry, wait, never mind, he only pleaded guilty to the financial scam. The sexual abuse is out of range and maybe he was told not to acknowledge it. Still, the wording is very strange.)

3 Likes

“He loves and respects his fellow man.”

If you leave out the ‘respects’ part, you could say that’s why Denny the Pipebear got hauled into court in the first place.

He is a good man that loves the lord."

There are several priests the Roman Catholic church was moving around the country a few decades back who said the same thing.

“He gets his integrity and values from Him.”

I kinda believe the Pipebear does get his integrity and valuers from something who:

a. Drowns the whole earth. (Genesis 7:21-23)
b. Kills half a million people. (2 Chronicles 13:15-18)
c. Slaughters all Egyptian firstborn. ( Exodus 12:29)
d. Kills 14,000 people for complaining that God keeps killing them. (Numbers 16:41-49)
e. Commits genocide after genocide after genocide.
( Joshua 6:20-21)
(Deuteronomy 2:32-35)
(Deuteronomy 3:3-7)
( Numbers 31:7-18)
( 1 Samuel 15:1-9)
f. kills 50,000 people for curiosity. ( 1 Samuel 6:19)
g. kills 3,000 Israelites for inventing a god. (Exodus 32)
h. destroys the Amorites by sword and by His rocks from the sky. (Joshua 10:10-11)
i. burns two cities to death. (Genesis 19:24)
j. has 42 children mauled by bears. (2 Kings 2:23-24)
k. slaughters a tribe and has their virgins raped for not showing up at roll call. (Judges 21:1-23)
l. crushes 3,000 to death. (Judges 16:27-30)
m. has a concubine raped and dismembered. (Judges 19:22-29)
n. believes in child sacrifice. ( Judges 11:30-39)
o. helps Samson kill 30 men because he lost a bet. (Judges 14:11-19)
p. demands you kill your wife and children for worshiping other gods. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)
q. incinerates 51 men to make a point. (2 Kings 1:9-10)
r. kills a man for not impregnating his brother’s widow. (Genesis 38:9-10)
s. threatens forced cannibalism. (Leviticus 26:27-29), (Jeremiah 19:9)
t. and he’s got more coming (Revelation 9:7-19,)

But I don’t see how that helps

“He doesn’t deserve what he is going through.”

Actually he deserves every single second.

10 Likes

This is why I love the internet. In the old days, maybe a small local paper might have access to this kind of thing, well after the fact, but now it’s all out there.

4 Likes

Why, the same version enjoyed by Catholic priests: the one that contains the Book of Epheboi.

3 Likes

“We all have our flaws, but Dennis Hastert has very few.”

Even if that were true, the issue here is the severity not the number. Jeffrey Dahlmer may have only had one flaw – but that one was a doozy!

10 Likes

According to Exhibit 11, Denny “loves his fellow man” and “is always giving to others.”

If you can’t believe Hot Tub Tom, who can you?

1 Like

This from a (once) leader of the political party that is tough on crime only when The Other commits it. When a friend/peer/fellow traveller is involved, they consider it a forgettable “youthful indiscretion.”

The exact same thing happened to drug offenders connected to the very same politicians who were anti-Drug Warriors that created mandatory sentencing guidelines. They always found a way to write imploring letters to judges that helped their kith and kin escape justice.

10 Likes

HEADLINE: CROOK ENDORSES PERV - RELIGIOUS RIGHT SILENT

7 Likes

"“You see that dock out there? Built it myself, hand crafted each
piece, and it’s the best dock in town! But do they call me “McGregor the
dock builder”? No! And you see that bridge over there? I built that,
took me two months, through rain, sleet and scoarching weather, but do
they call me “McGregor the bridge builder”? No! And you see that pier
over there, I built that, best pier in the county! But do they call me
“McGregor the pier builder”? No!”

The old guy looks around, and makes sure that nobody is listening, and leans to the man, and he says:

“but you fuck one sheep…”"

6 Likes

“He doesn’t deserve what he is going through.”

He doesn’t? Seriously, he doesn’t? REally now, he doesn’t? What about the kids he touched? Do they deserve to be going through this, Delay, you giant asshole? Really?

7 Likes

“He is always giving to others. . .”

Indeed

4 Likes

At least four other congressmen sent letters: former California Reps. John T. Doolittle and David Dreier; former Illinois Rep. Thomas Ewing; and former Connecticut Rep. Porter Goss, who also once headed the CIA. Others who wrote letters included former Illinois Attorney General Ty Fahner; former Illinois state Rep. Doris Karpiel; retired Kendall County Sheriff Richard Randall; and Leo Kocher, a wrestling coach at the University of Chicago.

3 Likes

Flaws???Child molesting is now a flaw? Scum sticking up for scum!!
Don’t forget Tom Delay also loved racist Jesse Helms!!

5 Likes