Discussion: This Firebrand Ex-Congressman Blames The 'Deep State' For His Fraud Indictment

1 Like

Curse you, darned Deep State!! /shakesfist

19 Likes

Texas was a lot of fun in the 70’s. Maybe not so much today?

5 Likes

All all repugs swindlers and crooks?

7 Likes

The cat ate my homework?

3 Likes

“Firebrand” is headline shorthand for “batshit crazy, barking mad whackjob.”

26 Likes

I recently read Deep State and The Fourth Turning to try and get a handle on these guys. Still no clue. It’s all cold-fusion, Eisenhower and the aliens, snowflake-bashing, damn-you-Soros screediness. So yes, the Deep State did it.

8 Likes

I’m sure there’s a perfectly innocent explanation for all of those funds transfers.

They should also be indicted for incompetence. Great job of covering your tracks, guys. Um, isn’t money laundering supposed to be sort of, you know, untraceable?

12 Likes

Let’s see - who else had a charitable foundation that wasn’t properly registered with the state and who used that foundation for his own expenses, such as paying off lawsuit settlements and making questionable political donations to a state attorney general who, after receiving the donation, suddenly called off an investigation into that person’s fraudulent “university” that bilked people out off a lot of money, claims for which he settled for $25 million? And who possibly misused some of his own campaign funds, improperly or illegally solicited campaign donations from foreign individuals, including members of parliament, and who probably received assistance in his campaign from a certain foreign government? If only I could remember.

35 Likes

The Fake Charity’s project “Freedom House” sounds like it going to be a cultish indoctrination center. And they talked someone into donating $350,000. That sounds like it could be a story in and of itself - the anatomy of the appeals that rich rw nutjobs are willing to donate Big Dollars to.

As to Stockman - anyone who utters that objects like toilets (or microwaves) are spying on them ought to be considered cray cray (looking at you Kellyanne).

Good luck with all of this Stevie - wish we never had heard of you.

16 Likes

Derp State blames Deep State.

24 Likes

When a politician cries “Deep State!” you know he or she is in deep sh!t.

15 Likes

March 24, 2014: Withdrew $17,010 to purchase cashier’s check in the amount of $17,000

Sumbitch didn’t even have the clout to get the bank to waive the $10.00 fee for the cashier’s check?

17 Likes

It was his regular bank, they know him.

13 Likes

For good coverage of Stockman, going back years, check out my favorite Texas blog

http://juanitajean.com/the-cherry-on-top/

9 Likes

No, Mr. Stockman. It wasn’t the “deep state”.
It was Professor Plum. In the library. With the candlestick.

7 Likes

Republican fake news. It continues.

2 Likes

He is one of the shining examples - Gohmert and Gowdy and Yoho are a few of the many others - of why we shouldn’t reach out to Trump voters and Teabaggers, since their voting for these useless, lying motherfuckers just shows they are too stupid to live. They believe anything in their Fox bubble, and are a threat to this nation and our own well-being. Reach out to the people who didn’t vote, not the stupid, willfully ignorant, bigoted people who vote for other stupid, willfully ignorant, bigoted people.

9 Likes

Or worse.

The men allegedly told the donor that money would be used to establish the “Freedom House,” a Washington, D.C.-based meeting place and dormitory where young people would be instilled with “the ideas of liberty.”

The “young people” probably would have been rented out by the hour. To Congressmen.

7 Likes

Juanita Jean is a fucking goddess! She should be required reading for anyone who loves to keep informed about politics.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available