Discussion: The Story Behind The Shocking Police Shooting Caught On Tape

Discussion for article #228079

White man with a gun

shoots black man without a gun.

Any questions?

14 Likes

If you read the local stories on it you’ll still see people defending the cop, even after watching this. The victim was moving too fast, the cop had to protect himself, how was he supposed to know he was unarmed, etc.

I’m glad they fired his ass but won’t be surprised if they can’t get a jury to convict.

22 Likes

The guy who got shot is apologizing to the officer who shot him. Unbelievable.

16 Likes

Then can the cops let me know how fast I’m allowed to move. How many “Mississippi” do I count as I reach for my license? Do black people have to move extra slow? How about latinos? Chinese?

11 Likes

“Earlier this Month…”
Notice it took wide-spread public dissemination of the video to force the police to FIRE and CHARGE this cop with anything.
CYA is all it is.

13 Likes

Barney Fife shoulda stayed in Mayberry.

2 Likes

White cop in SC with history of overreacting pulls over black man for nothing more than not wearing a seatbelt and then shoots him? How about you tell us the race of the people who made those previous complaints, TPM, eh?

10 Likes

So, where does one sign up to donate for the policeman’s defense? He’s clearly the injured party here.

Oh, and Leroy is lying his ass off. Police offers are trained just like that to handle black people.

3 Likes

This is why every police office needs to be recorded during every interaction with the public. This is unbelievable. I wonder if the office was tested for drugs after this incident.

6 Likes

He stopped him for not wearing his seat belt. Think about that. It was a bogus stop from the beginning.

10 Likes

I know, it’s ridiculous. I couldn’t believe how far people were willing to go to justify the cop’s shooting of this clearly innocent guy.

It’s not just SC either, the fact that the cops that beat the homeless kid to death that were taped doing it here in CA, were able to get off is part of the same problem.

Throw race into the mix and it’s compounded.

6 Likes

not to belabor the point…well, yeah, to belabor the point:

…in South Carolina…

3 Likes

Driving while Black - a crime in the South.

10 Likes

Why didn’t this officer have a surplus A-11 Warthog plane or a decommissioned M1 Tank? Why does he have only a handgun? He could have been seriously hurt.

17 Likes

Do black people have to move extra slow?

Yes, but don’t move too slow. If you do, the officer might need to “encourage” you.

9 Likes

I stand with Officer Groubert. #ImARepublican

20 Likes

He WAS lOOKINg for HIS waLLEt IN an AGGRessIVE and MENAcing wAY.

21 Likes

It’s funny because it’s true.

Ok it’s not funny, but damn is it true.

6 Likes

Bbbbbbuuuttt…there could have been Skittles in that car!!!

4 Likes