Discussion: The GOP Hates People Pointing Out They Were Siding With Bundy

Discussion for article #222016

I seem to recall an old saying about lying down with dogs and getting up with fleas.

27 Likes

Won’t someone please think of the poor Republicans?!

12 Likes

Wednesday: “Liberals hate this guy! They want him run out of business!”

Thursday: “How DARE you suggest that this guy reflects upon conservatives?!”

24 Likes

We take up the Uncle Remus story:

"Brer Fox, he sorter chuckle in his stummick, he did, but Tar-Baby ain’t sayin’ nothin’.

"‘I’m gwine ter larn you how ter talk ter ‘spectubble folks ef hit’s de las’ ack,’ sez Brer Rabbit, sezee. ‘Ef you don’t take off dat hat en tell me howdy, I’m gwine ter bus’ you wide open,’ sezee.

"Tar-Baby stay still, en Brer Fox, he lay low.

"Brer Rabbit keep on axin’ ‘im, en de Tar-Baby, she keep on sayin’ nothin’, twel present’y Brer Rabbit draw back wid his fis’, he did, en blip he tuck ‘er side er de head. Right dar’s whar he broke his merlasses jug. His fis’ stuck, en he can’t pull loose. De tar hilt 'im. But Tar-Baby, she stay still, en Brer Fox, he lay low.

"`Ef you don’t lemme loose, I’ll knock you agin,’ sez Brer Rabbit, sezee, en wid dat he fotch ‘er a wipe wid de udder han’, en dat stuck. Tar-Baby, she ain’y sayin’ nuthin’, en Brer Fox, he lay low.

"`Tu’n me loose, fo’ I kick de natal stuffin’ outen you,’ sez Brer Rabbit, sezee, but de Tar-Baby, she ain’t sayin’ nuthin’. She des hilt on, en de Brer Rabbit lose de use er his feet in de same way. Brer Fox, he lay low. Den Brer Rabbit squall out dat ef de Tar-Baby don’t tu’n ‘im loose he butt ‘er cranksided. En den he butted, en his head got stuck. Den Brer Fox, he sa’ntered fort’, lookin’ dez ez innercent ez wunner yo’ mammy’s mockin’-birds.

Howdy, Brer Rabbit,' sez Brer Fox, sezee.You look sorter stuck up dis mawnin’,’ sezee, en den he rolled on de groun’, en laft en laft twel he couldn’t laff no mo’. `I speck you’ll take dinner wid me dis time, Brer Rabbit. I done laid in some calamus root, en I ain’t gwineter take no skuse,’ sez Brer Fox, sezee.”

1 Like

Of course being a racist is the least of this guy’s problem. He is an unpatriotic squatter who doesn’t recognize his country’s government. This is who the Republicans got in bed with only to find out later he was even more unsavory.

36 Likes

RUN away Rpuk’s he is you guy

4 Likes

Really, who would imagine that a gun-totin’ right-wing extremist who refuses to recognize that the federal government exists is also a racist?

Bullshit. Republicans would have kissed his ass if he had a confederate flag tattooed on it.

19 Likes

The right can moan and wail all they want but they cannot, this time, distance themselves from the man they elevated as a patriot. Hellslittleangel above said that if he had a confederate flag tattooed on his bum they would have kissed it too–seems reasonable to me.

11 Likes

Poor babies created your Frankenstien now you want the lighting to stop giving it life.ITS ALIVE,IT’S ALIVE!!!

16 Likes

To them, he didn’t become “unsavory” until Republicans had done everything to join at the hip with him but have surgery done. The GOTP and its enablers were totally down with Bundy not paying his grazing fees because:
(a) That’s a tax on a “job-creator”
(b) They hate any government agency that won’t allow land to be exploited for commercial gain, and
© They hate the person currently “running” the government.

16 Likes

Let’s not forget the comparisons to Ghandi and Mother Theresa. He went from that to invisible in the space of a weekend.

11 Likes

My Granny had a saying… “the monkey didn’t know the width of his arse until he swallowed a plum seed”

13 Likes

Bundy clearly studied the formulation used by Fox News talking heads, prefacing outrageous remarks with “I’m wondering …” to insulate themselves from criticism. He even explained how it works: “I know Glenn Beck, he has something on the Internet, or news, and he uses the word ‘wondering’ and when they come to me, I said, ‘That’s exactly what I said. I’m wondering …”

Fox News, you filled this guy’s head with your crap for years, you put him out front when it seemed to suit your agenda. Now you want to disown him? Sorry, not so fast.

16 Likes

Poor Bundy. He has certainly been unfairly singled out for remarks which are commonplace among Republicans. Bundy just happened to deviate from standard GOP procedure to use an African American to denounce the “Democrat plantation.”

See, this is how it is normally done:
Herman Cain:

“You have this 21st-century plantation that has been out there. Where the Democrat party has forever taken the black vote for granted and you have established certain black leaders who are nothing more than the overseers of that plantation.”

White Republicans really do need to cast a wider net . See how Willard
Romney casts the plantation Democrat meme:

there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it.

Red State

“President Obama not only knows this but he is absolutely banking on black mothers and fathers, grandparents and families to not look under the sheets and discover they have been hoodwinked and short-sheeted by Obama and the democrat plantation care takers.”

Human Events:

…slaves developed what has been described as a “plantation mentality.”

So what’s changed? For an overwhelming majority of black Americans, nothing much. They still embrace a plantation mentality, but they’ve changed “masters:” from slave-owners to the Democratic Party.

26 Likes

“They want to say that conservatives are racist. Conservatives hate women,” Hannity said Thursday. “Conservatives want old people to die, granny over the cliff. They want the young people to fend for themselves. They want to poison the air and poison the water.”

Which part of that statement wasn’t absolutely true even before Bundy broke the law and spewed his racism for the entire world to see?

25 Likes

Get ready for the Civil Rights trashing.

Black people were better off under Jim Crow.

1 Like

Old saying : Think before you speak . Now its think before you act .

How about we focus on the lies instead of the ignorance? The media should be all over that but no…

2 Likes

How Ironic that Bundy wont pay the Grazing fees
that where instituted by their Republican Hero,
Ronald Reagan. Ranchers in Nevada pay
the Grazing fee, Bundy doesn’t so he is a Hero
to Conservatives… Go Figure !!

7 Likes