Discussion: The Attorney General Is Speaking The Language Of Fox News

I quit smoking Camel’s in 1994 when the once honorable Bob Dole, during his run against President Clinton, went on national TV to announce that he honestly did not believe the consuming tobacco products was harmful or addictive. To pay back the campaign contributions of course and this when his wife was at that time head of the American Red Cross. That was enough to break the addiction for me. Not one more dime to the death dealers at the Tobacco Institute.

4 Likes

Just impeach this motherfucker masquerading as an Attorney General already.

9 Likes

I am left to wonder what it will take to actually do the arrest. What would be a more defining moment than the news break that shows Nancy declaring the AG under arrest and giving the SaA of the HR the documents to go find the guy and jail him?

Not going to happen, but geez how the dialog would change if it did.

5 Likes

Yes it would change and goddamn it it needs to.

5 Likes

This is a legitimate read, but I see him rather as a behind-the-scenes operator who feels liberated by the chance to muscle people around, esp. those he used to have to cajole and outsmart. But he still knows how to operate. One feature of revolutionary times is exactly that feeling of liberation along with the exposure of otherwise suppressed desires & traits.

6 Likes

100% of anything dealing with Barr HAS to do with the Information Blackout he and Trump have imposed.

It’s like the NASA Program. Let’s suppose that the scientists at the Mercury Program were tasked to get a person into space…

And then CRIMINALS locked the laboratories.

And to add Insult to Injury, let’s suppose there were IRATE readers of the largest Newspapers complaining.

• NOT ABOUT THE CRIMINALS WHO LOCKED UP THE LABORATORIES

BUT

• THE NASA SCIENTISTS TASKED WITH DOING THE JOB

Barr/Trump will (a) hide data on Trump’s corruption and crimes and depend on the Left and Right to do their thing

(a) The Left will complain…not about the Criminals, but the only people who are still on their side

(b) The Right will…well what the FUCK do they always do? GO FOR POWER

1 Like

The investigations will be in alphabetical order, but Bennet has no chance so Biden’s first.

3 Likes

Welp, there is a certain Je ne sais quoi about their physical similarity. Politically they seem indistinguishable.

8 Likes

We leave them a big fat vacuum so that they can just step right into power. It really doesn’t have to be this way. If the entire middle left and left left would work together we could be unstoppable.

2 Likes

I think they see the demographic death that they face and this is their hail Mary play. If they lose control of the government in 2020 and Democrats, by and large, are able to push through favorable (or neutral) redistricting from the census, then it’s basically game over for the GOP for the foreseeable future.

They have to put everything on the line because to do otherwise is certain death. And 30% is better odds than 0%.

5 Likes

I think it is past time to jail those who ignore Congressional subpoenas. Fines mean zip.
I think physical ass kicking is due.

2 Likes

I have to disagree.

To suggest that all these people are aware of how evil Trump is – and how they willfully facilitate that evil, is “deep state conspiracy” level thinking.

You can only pretend to be something for so long.
This is especially true when you immerse yourself in an environment designed to manipulate you.
And its even more true when there is no incentive to resist the manipulation.

1 Like

Fox has co-opted the trumPP administration, and Murdoch considers it a coup.

5 Likes

The physical similarity involves in part l’avoirdupois.

5 Likes

I. too, feel as you do. I am encouraged by some of the things Rachel mentioned last night. Breaking the I.B. (information Blackout) dooms Trump.

Why more people in the public sector do not mention this boggles the mind.

The Trump tax issue alone is, in my view, the biggest Con Job ever foisted on any country or people.

6 Likes

I don’t think people really care all that much about what history will say about them, especially people who will be footnotes in the historical record.

More importantly, I think people like Barr see this as a “no risk” strategy. Sure, Trump will probably lose. But there will probably be no consequences for people like Barr.

Its not as if Democrats have a record of pursuing wrongdoing by previous administrations. And with very few exception, the Democratic candidates seem to be the “lets put the past behind us in order to heal” types…

3 Likes

Have any of them said that? You are making an assumption based on nothing but style.

4 Likes

was that from an epiphany?

No that was based on reading comprehension.

“the Democratic candidates seem to be the “lets put the past behind us in order to heal” types…”

1 Like

then obviously, you failed, because my original statement was

with very few exception, the Democratic candidates seem to be the “lets put the past behind us in order to heal” types

a person who had basic reading comprehension skills would see “seems to be” and realize that the writer was talking about general impressions (or “style” if you like) – and wouldn’t ask a stupid question like “Have any of them said that? You are making an assumption based on nothing but style”.

now go away. I try my best to ignore your ignorant provocations, but I’m imperfect – so help me out and ignore me.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available