Discussion: Tenn. County Asks God To Spare Its Citizens For SCOTUS Same-Sex Marriage Ruling

Discussion for article #241463

Surely God has other things to worry about.

7 Likes

they know this will work because they’d previously passed a resolution asking god to keep polar bears away from the county as a test…

15 Likes

18 Likes

Prayer wasn´t working, so they had to resort to a resolution.

12 Likes

Not so much. World ends tomorrow.

9 Likes

That´s great! No need to winterize the house now.

8 Likes

Really? Is the Tennessee County Commission a church?

Spare me.

2 Likes

My daughter’s birthday is tomorrow. The world wouldn’t dare end before she celebrates and gets presents.

1 Like

So which county is it that ties a naked virgin to couple of poles on a platform as an offering to escape God’s wrath? Wasn’t that Blount County?

How embarrassing, what century do these people believe it is?

Oh, stop sniveling, you big whiners. Don’t you think God knows who deserves smiting and who doesn’t without being told? You’re just going to annoy him and make him smite you all the harder.

12 Likes

And, unfortunately, because this is likely a small population rural white shithole in backwoods methbilly country TN, nobody has hired a lawyer to obtain an injunction preventing the county from even voting on this. Dare ya to look up the demographics and prove me wrong.

3 Likes

Dude…She’s God, not Santa.

8 Likes

I think that new position my girlfriend and I tried the other night resulted in God inflicting me with a persistent slow air leak in my left rear tire.

5 Likes

Here’s my resolution for them: stop banging all your immediate kinfolk and maybe in a generation or two normal people will replace you.

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

1 Like

I knew about speaking in tongues, but I’ve never seen it transcribed into legislation before.

3 Likes

I mean no blasphemy. Santa’s omniscience is limited to the naughty-child/nice child present-getting realm. I’m just saying God knows everything, including which counties in Tennessee deserve to be smitten for their iniquity. It’s a levels thing, like when you’re talking to a customer-service person at the credit card company and you want a fee taken away and the person has to call a manager. God way outranks Santa, I mean come on, it’s just that in this smiting deal he’s like Santa writ large, you might say.

3 Likes

Another God eye rolling moment. He must be thinking “What is it with Tennessee? First they ask for forgiveness over that batshit crazy Monkey Trial thing. Now this.”

1 Like

We already knew God doesn’t like Tennessee.

9 Likes