Discussion: Ted Cruz: Cantor Defeat Shows 'Conservative Base Is Alive And Well'

Discussion for article #223813

Which should tell YOU, Mr. Ted “Carnival” Cruse, that your time is coming and all that money you spend 90% of your senatorial time working to collect, instead of doing your job as a US Senator, won’t help you.

The other 10% is spent traveling. Which is a good time to pander also.

2 Likes

Republicans celebrating the defeat of other republicans. Works for me.

16 Likes

Republicans gerrymandered districts come back to bite them in the butt. Every single thing these losers do comes back and bites them. Do they learn? Hell no. Nature of the willfully ignorant to never learn.

3 Likes

Let the cannibalism continue~enjoy the meal, Republicans.

3 Likes

When Cantor isn’t conservative enough for you, you have gone WAYYYYYY to far to the right. Soon, moderate Republicans will start voting the morons out, hopefully starting with the Canadian guy!

5 Likes

Cantor: It’s what’s for dinner.

3 Likes

Soon, Ted will be too moderate. True believers will scorn his support of drivers licenses and municipal fire departments.

1 Like

Cruz is dangerous to America in the same way that his hero Joe McCarthy was.

And Cruz will go down in flames just like McCarthy did—sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

This is from a Tea Party man’s point of view…
Fellas, sometimes we gotta tell them ladies…and immigrants, and students, and teh poors, and teh olds…

To the right, to the right
(Huh, get, get to steppin`)
(Woahh ayy yeah)
That’s where I’m goin’ in the middle of the night…

Can anyone remember a sitting member of Congress celebrating the primary loss of one of his own party’s members like this? Especially one in a leadership position? Maybe I’m forgetting something, but I can’t remember this happening, at least this blatantly.

9 Likes

As much as I hated Cantor and everything he stood for and did, I hate Cruz much more.

2 Likes

me either, but then no one should expect Cruz to behave with any sort of class.

1 Like

The other-other white meat.

1 Like

I’m sorry, what? Did Cruz somehow predict Cantor’s loss?

If not, what is the point of this story?

Even better news is he will be taking his entire party down with him.

4 Likes

Don’t look over your shoulder, Taliban Teddy…they’ll be coming for you soon enough.

3 Likes

Hope so. But of course in the McCarthy era we had a press that was not beholden to false equivalencies (Chuck Todd) and to the GOP itself (David Gregory, Wolf Blitzer, John King, etc.). Heck, CNN gleefully sponsored the Tea Party debates. Edward R. Murrow must be rolling in his grave at the thought of those “journalists”.

3 Likes

He’s a Texas Republican, enough said.

1 Like

This is all setting up the Cruz presidential run in 2016 where he gets crushed by Clinton

1 Like