Discussion: Stuck At The Starting Line: Senate Can't Agree On Where To Begin DACA Debate

1 Like

Oh please I can read that partisan disagreement line any where!
My understanding was to hold a debate on DACA.

1 Like

“Kennedy noted, however, that the tight timeline may be the push lawmakers need to come to an immigration agreement—something Congress has been unable to accomplish in years.”

“We need everyone to stand up and be counted in front of god and country,” he said. “It’s time. Saddle up and ride.”

k

8 Likes

How about on an ice-floe in the non-climate warming Arctic?

12 Likes

Let’s have a debate on Trump’ s In Laws

4 Likes

Meanwhile, like I have been saying, the Democrats better get a better message because the current messaging sucks:

2 Likes

One of McConnell’s top aides, Don Stewart, pushed back, telling reporters that Democrats were holding up the process, and would be allowed votes on any bill of their choosing if they would only let Republicans begin debating the anti-sanctuary city amendment that has been filed.

What? Lucy pulled away the football again? No way Chuck ‘Brown’ Schumer could have foreseen that. She promised, after all!

7 Likes

But, but, Mitch promisded …

The crook who stole a Supreme Court seat could lie again!

10 Likes

Trump, Kelly, and Miller have made their feelings crystal clear regarding their views on DACA. Unless the Democrats are willing to accept draconian consequences to legal immigration and the useless border wall, nothing will get done. I really don’t see a play here for Pelosi or Schumer as frustrating as it is, other than win the next election at all costs.

5 Likes

So what is it economic, health care, immigration, DACA, women, gays, abusive men, what?

Fuck the polls vote!

2 Likes

McConnell set a trap for the Ds and the Ds marched right into it. At this point, the only critical thing is making it crystal clear where blame lies for DACA deportations. The only way to make that clear is for the Ds to put a bill on the floor that all of them sign on to. There’s absolutely no excuse for them not doing it.

8 Likes

I’m unsurprised.

Man, being the minority party in every branch sucks ass.

3 Likes

Plus 2 Gazillion for The Wall. Take it or leave it! Got ICE here on speed dial Chuck! What’s it gonna be?

2 Likes

from Goddard

"But it also makes an unambiguous diagnosis for Trump’s recent rise: Democrats this year have stopped focusing on economic and health care issues, topics that demonstrably hurt his approval during his first year in office.”

CHIP discussion was last month and the tax bill takeaway conversation (right now its infrastructure and last time, it was that Ryan $1.50 flub) is still going on, but okies.

4 Likes

N yes

Democrats have talked about either economic or health care issues (Pelosi, Harris and Gillibrand among others), but again, okies.

3 Likes

If only the Democrats had some kind of leverage they could use, like a must-pass spending bill.

Oh, wait, they already gave that leverage up in exchange for a pinky promise from McConnell.

So that’s working out great, eh?

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure the GOP knows exactly where they are starting the debate:

7 Likes

“They run this shop. They run the Senate. They run the House, and they run the White House. That’s pretty obvious to everyone. I remember a wise man once saying, ‘You break it, you own it.’ Well, this is the case.”

HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DID I LITERALLY SAY THAT? I wish these fucking morons would have realized it when they could have had a nice tidy little shutdown the public was ready to blame on the GOP. But now? Nope. No leverage, no nothing.

This complete mess is what happens when you give quarter.

7 Likes

[clap, clap] Release the polar bears!

2 Likes

Why don’t we just blame the Democrats. After all it is where we know the real problem is.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available