Discussion: Steve King Shares Meme Speculating About 'Another Civil War'

It would be divisive.

Wouldn’t achieve anything.

Has Speaker Pelosi taken it off the table yet?

3 Likes

I’m saying listen past the idiot bravado to the motivation. There was a blue wave in the last election and none of these firebrands said a mumbling word.

4 Likes

There was an attempt to censure him, but the ‘compromise’ was him losing his assignments.

5 Likes

I dunno… In the wake of NZ, posting a call to Civil War seems like a great time for a Resolution condemning treasonous rhetoric.

2 Likes

Perhaps it will take the form of a massive “civil” twitter feud.

7 Likes

This meme brought to you by the same idiots who think cities are terrifying wastelands of guns and violence.

13 Likes

The 101st Fightin’ Keyboardists sit at attention, ready for orders.

11 Likes

Too bad he’s just a white nationalist threatening violence, right. Had he been a brown non-christian criticizing congresses loyalty to a foreign lobbying group that gives them money she’d be all over it.

3 Likes

Matt Shuman is on top of this story. Good. This is outrageous. Too bad Congress is off this week. No excuse. He still needs to be taken to the woodshed. Fuck this guy. Haven’t heard one word of it on cable news at all. So again…IOKIYAR.

6 Likes

You took the words right out of my mouth.

On the other hand, let’s give her a day or three. See what she says or does, if anything.

4 Likes

Excerpt on very rare occasions you’re not supposed to link to NYT. It’s not only the enemy of the people, as Fatso tells us, but also the enemy of utopians who want only good news about the left and nothing about the realities on the right.

3 Likes

Rep King, for ten points, which of the following groups can legally own handguns and rifles?

A. Liberals
B. Women
C. People of Color
D. All of the above

7 Likes

You forgot Muslims.

4 Likes

If Steve King were to “speak his mind” how many words would it take?

12 Likes

What you are describing is called “Huffington Post”.

3 Likes

I doubt Tom Harkin needed to attract white supremacists in Iowa to be voted as their Senator for 30 years plus about 10 years as a House Representative.

As has been said many times…There are no good nazis.
Get it, got it, good.

Trying to attract bigots, racists and xenophobes for their vote is a worthless pursuit no matter how you slice it.

10 Likes

8 trillion. Why would you need 8 trillion bullets? You could buy a lot of education and healthcare for what those must have cost.

8 Likes

Though their solution was to split into factions, the antebellum Democrats said the same thing

1 Like

Click on the photo which will take you to Facebook and flag it as hate speech or violence.

8 Likes

Absolutely true, and very much think your post is spot-on.

And, I think there are multiple motives here. If they don’t think they can win, they would prefer to marginalize the results of elections. If they can delegitimize elections adequately, they can find cover for their illegal or corrupt electioneering. But, it also supports their authoritarian tendencies.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available