Discussion: Spicer On Emmy Appearance: ‘It’s An Honor,’ I Thought It Was ‘Kinda Funny’

I’m not a boycott person, but boycott anybody who hires this guy. He’s in league with traitors for his own profit. Don’t forgive or forget this bad judgement.

10 Likes

Colbert should have gone full Fallon and mussed with Spicer’s hair while laughing hysterically. Despite coming up short on that stunt he still deserves a bit of ratings hell, like Fallon suffered, for normalizing these sick bastards.

6 Likes

At least Balloon Boy’s dad was a straight-up bunko artist and fake. Sean’s a lying bootlicker who helped degrade the Presidency for the next fifty years if we’re lucky. This new-found celebrity is powerfully depressing.

10 Likes

It’s like fêting a fossil fuel company PR dude.

6 Likes

Colbert did remember to thank Melissa McCarthy after the skit…

4 Likes

Chris often gets on my nerves, especially when he has “live in” interviewee, Bernie on, but this is a good observation.

8 Likes

Love the look on Colbert’s face there.

Hey, Sean, we were laughing at you, not with you. Not self-deprecation.

Humiliation

5 Likes

How are you going to keep them down on the farm after they’ve seen Paree?

Joke or nut, f— that guy, he should be shunned for a very long time. Colbert has been really good about poking fun at Trump’s worst traits, but bringing Spicer out as part of a joke, rather than the butt of the joke, is normalizing this administration, something that can never be done, even in jest.

9 Likes

Not much point in trying to shame the shameless. I stopped watching when it became clear that the corporate stooges had gagged EVERYBODY.

But, as Inigo Montoya said: “Humiliation galore!”

2 Likes

He has merged with Melissa McCarthy’s parody so completely, people put them in the same slot in their minds. And people love the parody.

5 Likes

After what this idiot did and said as Trump’s ass kisser how could anyone who cares about freedom of the press hire him.
This was disgusting and shows how far we are down grading our country.

3 Likes

Look who is carrying on the age-old tradition of failing upward. Well, age-old for white men and women, that is.

2 Likes

Maybe if he’d testify against Trump et. al., produce a few hundred incriminating documents and such, then I’d be more likely to say “OK, move on with life, Spiceboy.” But, unfortunately, the Russia collusion and other illegalities are probably “not something I’ve talked to the president about.”

1 Like

‘It’s An Honor,’ I Thought It Was ‘Kinda Funny’

Not what you said previously, Spicey

1 Like

Somebody fill me in. Which one of the Spice Girls are we talking about?

Apparently during the memorial segment where they run through the names of the prominent people in television who passed away in the last year Roger Ailes name was there. I wonder how many people gaged when they saw it.
Thankfully there was no tribute to him.

You’re not famous for people laughing WITH you, sir.

1 Like

I don’t see any humor in this. Not funny at all, it’s just gross.

4 Likes