Discussion: Speaker Ryan: 'I Actually Don't Think' Trump Should Rescind DACA

1 Like

We know what Ryanā€™s thoughts are worth.

5 Likes

Wouldnā€™t be surprised at all if Pres.Trump did it in a Friday afternoon newsdump on Labor Day Weekend.

3 Likes

as speaker he could propose legislation to improve our immigration system to include these kids as potential citizens.

he could, he wonā€™t

money, mouth, not happening

8 Likes

Ryan can send his thoughts and his prayers to the Dreamers and hope it all works out for them. Somehow. In the meantime thereā€™s a kid right here in my community that may have to leave the only country heā€™s ever known. You can discuss the question of authority for determining his status but the DACA was a humane solution to a problem that was right there, right then. Ryanā€™s word counts for nothing and Trumpā€™s for less than that. They make a nice little dyad: cruel, ignorant, out-of-control nativism and the establishment types that thought they could ride that tiger to where they wanted to go. Just wish I knew what to tell that kid if Trump goes ahead.

10 Likes

What the ever lovinā€™ fuck, Ryan? Wow, you suck as an actor because no one believes you have a heart or give a shit about these Americans.

Face it - itā€™s Friday, itā€™s Labor Day weekend, PeePeeā€™s polls are rock bottom and not moving, soā€¦

Twitler will rescind DACA and heā€™ll do it today or over the weekend via twitter. Heā€™s so fuckinā€™ transparent that his ā€œgee whiz, Iā€™m thinkinā€™ about itā€ routine is just another tell of his, just like the Paris Accords.

7 Likes

We have a number of them in Dallas. My heart is just breaking over this - these people did everything right and the people who know them here are appalled and have been fighting to keep them here.

Itā€™s awful.

5 Likes

The thing is, that if Trump rescinds DACA his approval rating is going to go up several points, bonus points if he uses the kids information to have ICE round a few of them up and deport them. Do you trust Donald Trump to do the right thing vs. do what will earn him a round of applause in his rallies and praises in the Fox & Friends show?

3 Likes

That just makes Trump want to rescind DACA even more. If Obama or Hillary come out exhorting Trump to protect DACA, then itā€™s fate is sealed.

4 Likes

I think thatā€™s why Obama isnā€™t saying anything - he knows that he gives Trump fuel if he does.

5 Likes

Ardent follower of Ayn Rand says what?

4 Likes

Then sponsor a bill to stop him, you useless, feckless, jackass.

7 Likes

ā€œAnd so I really do believe that there needs to be a legislative solution, thatā€™s one that weā€™re working on.ā€

Sure you are, Paul. The same way you worked seven years on a replacement for Obamacare?

8 Likes

Right? Thatā€™s what I was thinking too. Ryan has the power to do all kinds of things and if he truly doesnā€™t agree and doesnā€™t think this is the right thing for the country to do he could stop it.

4 Likes

No one cares what you think, only about what you do.

Donā€™t make Twitter ā€˜Olsteenā€™ you.

5 Likes

Headline could have stopped after the first line.

2 Likes

Mr. milk toast speaks. Mr. spineless says. What a wimp.
As far as every good man should come to the aid of their country, I must say Paul Ryan is worthless and so are the rest of the Republicans in both houses!

2 Likes

If ryan sez he shouldnt thats why trump willā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure Trump thinks that, but Iā€™m skeptical that it will actually play out that way for him. More than 60%, probably over 70%, of the country thinks rescinding DACA would be wrong. I fully expect Trumpā€™s approval numbers to either remain unchanged or drop a few points if he goes through with it.

7 Likes

Iā€™m with you.

His approvals do nothing but drop. Americans arenā€™t as mean in general as he seems to think - as well as some liberals who insist on seeing Americans as idiots. Not that stupid = we didnā€™t elect him and more of us hate him every day.

Repealing DACA is going to be one of the most unpopular things he does if he does it.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available