Discussion: Speaker Ryan: 'I Actually Don't Think' Trump Should Rescind DACA

What Ryan really means is he wants to use DACA as a bargaining chip.

2 Likes

Yeah he trots this out when he needs something. This is the 2d time. Itā€™s unbelievably cruel to these DACA people.

2 Likes

Itā€™s also fucked up for the schools where Dreamers are in attendance.

3 Likes

O yeah = itā€™s just fucked up.

Itā€™s completely unfair and most people feel that way about it - they can see what these DACA kids are - outstanding people who have outstanding contributions to make to any society.

2 Likes

Then do your job and pass legislation that grants legal status to these individuals. This is the problem when you allow Presidentā€™s to simply take action by EO. The next President can just come behind them and cancel it out.

ā€œDreamersā€ should be granted legal status by Congress. It is Congress that has been given the power under Article I Section 8 of the Constitution ā€œTo establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization.ā€

I guess they should get off their asses and do their job.

4 Likes

The good thing is that itā€™s not going to take us very long to find out.

My logic (and Trumps) comes for the fact that 46% of the voters favored Trump, his approval rating is 39% (of likely voters). So there are 7% of disappointed Trump voters, and if you listen to some of the deplorables (like Ann Coulter) , they are upset that the Wall has not been started, that muslims have not been at least banned, and that the Dreamers have not been deported. How much of that 7% are deplorables? I am willing to be that at least half.

1 Like

like thatā€™s gonna happen

2 Likes

Of course it isnā€™t. They want it both ways. They want to allow DACA but not actually enacted legislation, so they can pretend to their voters that they oppose amnesty when the truth is they support amnesty.

1 Like

Paul Ryan is undermining Preshitident Anusmouth-Putindickholster and Secretary of State Cuck Kushner. It is time for Trump family-owned tinpot general John Kelly to bring things under control by calling the Special Counselā€™s office and to provide information on how Paul Ryan was collaborating with the Russians to attack our democratic institutions and rig the 2016 election. Thatā€™ll teach Ryan to treat the Putindickholster with the respect he deserves.

Shorter Ayn Rand: Why hasnt this been done already? It should have happened on Day 1 of Drumpfā€™s presidency.

He seems to be trying to get a bit of positive press on the issue by being seen trying to encourage Trump to delay any actions on DACA but, in the end, yeah, he isnā€™t going to do anything legislatively and Trump will probably eliminate DACA anyways.

Well, DACA is toast, because Ryan only speaks out against Trumpā€™s actions when itā€™s too late for him to do anything about it and he hopes to simply keep up the ridiculous mirage that heā€™s a centrist.

2 Likes

Ryan and I both have an opinion on what Trump should do,the difference is he has the status and power to DO somethong directly to affect a positive outcomeā€¦but he will just talk about itā€¦let the chips fall where they may.

2 Likes

"But if Orange Julius, The Big Beach Ball wants it I guess itā€™s OK with me, " said the mewling, spineless sycophant.

1 Like

The news that shocked science: Tin Man found a heart, feint heart beat confirmed.

Whoa! Ease up on the hard line stance there, killer.

2 Likes

I took a quick trip to Wingnutia, and they are of course steaming mad at Ryan. The way they see it is that coward Ryan doesnā€™t want to deal with the ā€œdreamerā€ issue. If DACA goes then the question is what to do with the ā€œdreamersā€ and his caucus is divided on the issue, some say pass a law legalizing their status, others are screaming ā€œNo amnesty!ā€ and want them deported ASAP. He doesnā€™t want that fight going on leading to the 2018 elections in which loses are already being expected.

2 Likes

Well then, do something about it instead of tiptoeing around it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s worth 100 likes right there.

2 Likes

Agree with jgabriel ā€” that #45 thinks this will give him a lift in the polls but I suspect the reverse. Thereā€™s been too much time for people (like the Tennessee AG) to think about it. IF he goes through and quashes it, that is. Have been figuring that he would back down from the tough decision as usual - maybe saying that if the other AGs are going to sue, let the courts decide) - BUT now that Ryan and others (including possibly Kelly a/k/a the "Church Lady) urging him not to ā€¦ You just know his back is getting up: "no one is going to tell me what to do!* But Iā€™m predicting waffling or demolishing. He seems constitutionally unable to allow anything associated with Obama to remain standing.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available