Discussion: Some Dems Say They Plan To Boycott Trump's First State Of The Union Address

1 Like

"There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest." ā€“ Elie Wiesel

46 Likes

I want ALL of the democrats to skip it by god.

Weā€™ll be taking names, guys and women - youā€™ll pay a price.

18 Likes

These are legitimately tough calls. Do you go? Do you applaud ā€“ ever? Do you stand ā€“ ever? Do you wear black or blue or some other distinctive-unifying item? How do you honor the nation, the Constitution and your own office and duties without giving the appearance of honoring the dishonorable?

Whatever they do, I hope they do it with class. Somebody needs to remember the right way to represent the people.

32 Likes

Hopefully the first of many.

We need to be making a statement here and do it without being cheap and stupid like Joe ā€œYou Lieā€ Wilson.

18 Likes

It will be a Fake SOTU from the Fake President.

A waste of time and energy.

17 Likes

John Lewis has spoken. Enough said, in my book.

22 Likes

Complete waste of time.

Pretty sure whatever Trump knows about the state of our union could be fit into 140 characters.

Think Iā€™ll just wait for the inevitable tweet.

9 Likes

ā€œSome Demsā€¦ā€

That wont do. Itā€™s the perfect opportunity to make a statement on the ā€˜State of the Unionā€™. Giving Trump legitimacy is also part of the problem. Heā€™s a mad man and a national security risk. And waiting on Mueller is foolā€™s play.

6 Likes

These are legitimately tough calls.

Gotta disagree with this. Had this been his 2017 speech, I wouldā€™ve agreed with you. It was just too soon although I certainly understood the sentiment.

NOW??? Screw that. Every single day we get evidence of this regimeā€™s plague upon this nation. Neither it nor their leader (after all, he specifically calls himself leader of ā€œhis baseā€ and no one else) deserves no respect, legitimization or even recognition of its existence.

19 Likes

I would like a boycott because of his racism. I think something based on his lying is possible.

5 Likes

Whoā€™s going to yell ā€œyou lieā€ when he starts lying?

18 Likes

Better yet, time to stop all ā€œnegotiations.ā€ Clean DACA, clean debt limit, or else no D votes. Not a penny for racist walls. You canā€™t negotiate with a con man.

13 Likes

I will not be tuning into listening or watching this dotard give a so called state of the union address.

He lies too much for me on a daily basis and I donā€™t care to see or hear his lying ass on my TV and in my own home!

22 Likes

Itā€™s painful to even imagine having to sit through Trump reading the speech in his monotone, stilted way.

Ugh.

But Iā€™m sure his stupid little minions will lap up his caca, clap like excited children, and ask for more.

12 Likes

Will there be a Mental State Of The Trump speech?

3 Likes

All the women whom he sexually abused who are sitting in the audience?

17 Likes

I hear you. Still, there is something to be said for bearing witness ā€¦ for expressing grown-up keep-it-real judgment in real time in the unavoidable presence of someone who hates to be anyplace where he might encounter protests, and generally sending a message to the whole world in real time that weā€™re here, his timeā€™s just about up, and weā€™ll still be here when heā€™s gone.

Maybe they could wear Union Jack pins.

8 Likes

Heā€™s more or less declared he isnā€™t the President of everyone - heā€™s only the president of his voters.

So let them show up. Why should we if he doesnā€™t think we matter at all?

14 Likes

@tena
@tres
Take a knee?

23 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available