Discussion: Short-Term Spending Bill Defunding Planned Parenthood Blocked In Senate

Discussion for article #240996

Hi guys! How do you like being blocked at EVERY turn and can’t get a damn thing done?

13 Likes

LOL! Schadenfreudegasm time!

16 Likes

OK, guys, good smoke. Time to roll in the mirrors.

I am sure the House Republicans will see that they cannot possibly pass a PP defunding bill, so they may as well fund the whole government. They will see this because they are logical and reasonable and want to look out for the good of the…

(Sorry, I burst out laughing)

24 Likes

They don’t, and they whine about it, because to them, the six years when they filibustered every bill never happened.

2 Likes

Me too.

Face it, unless it’s about Numero Uno, these guys can be counted on to do NOTHING.

3 Likes

52/47 against? Way to go Cornyn whipping those votes…I get it was a protest vote, but really, you can’t even get a majority? RWNJ Senate looks more and more like the RWNJ House every day.

4 Likes

Except that this wasn’t a filibuster. A majority opposed the defunding. Hard to believe, but true.

7 Likes

The ®s didn’t really want it to pass. After all, why deprive yourself the chance to stage another vote where you can earnestly rail against the EVIL of providing woman healthcare again? Then they can do it again…and again, and again and, well you get the idea. It’s an endless source of cash for The Cause™.

3 Likes
       at its current levels for a few months 

Just way too much to ask for our representatives to do their jobs for a change — Few months away and we’ll just be doing this again ----

4 Likes

Give 'em hell, Harry!

2 Likes

And a big stick.

I’m all for Republican wives having the full gamut of contraception and pregnancy termination options available.

3 Likes

Rand Paul voted against?

2 Likes

Good!

What is really disturbing is that all this sturm und drang is going to end with a CR that kicks the can down the road and does NOTHING to address the country’s problems.

Now the Republicans have tipped their hat that funding for Planned Parenthood is really, really important to them. That ought to be used as leverage to get action on a whole host of things that are critical priorities. In no particular order:

1. Climate change
  2. Infrastructure-should be easy; Trump wants that
  3. Immigration

Get them to expand Medicaid to all 50 states so those getting routine care at Planned Parenthood have other options. Play hardball and move things forward rather than just status quo for ever.

1 Like

Swiftly, between the legs from behind and a good crack to the balls. I want the NJs to “feel” the love.

3 Likes

You just know that this kooky government-by-blackmnail idea was started by some old nut sitting on a park bench feeding the pigeons and now the GOP thiinks it’s a winner.

2 Likes

That “bipartisan majority voted against the bill” is the part I like to hear. Think I’ll roll it around on my tongue a few more times.

More of the same, please…

5 Likes

Hey, stop, stop… my dinner is half way across the room…