Discussion: Sheriff: Shooter Had Cameras Inside And Outside His Hotel Room

1 Like

This whole incident is how an episode of Black Mirror starts

1 Like

Well, terrorist don’t plan this well. Had to be a mentally disturbed person… that’s it.

2 Likes

Fascinating.

So what were the make and model of the guns? When and where did he buy them? Did he buy a fully automatic machine gun(s) (tripods suggest he did) or convert an assault weapon(s) himself?

Any chance he was licensed by ATF to own a fully automatic gun? Believe it or not, such licenses exist.

Who knew about this collection of guns?

What did Marilou Danley know and know about this plot?

He was using bump stock units which effectively turn semi-automatics into automatics, but technically “don’t” because of the machine action.

Besides, it doesn’t matter:

Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) on Tuesday reiterated a normal Republican talking point that gun laws don’t affect gun violence, with a twist: It’s the existence of “sanctuary cities” that creates a lawless culture fostering mass shootings like the one in Las Vegas, he said.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/3/16412100/republican-sanctuary-cities-las-vegas-shooting-inhofe

5 Likes

This only proves Alex Jones right. There’s no way that Deep State would have bothered to create fake CGI videos of this guy being the actual shooter unless it was part of a false flag operation to embarrass Trump and overturn the 2nd Amendment. Don’t trust your lying eyes, sheeple! There’s only one truth and it’s whatever conservatives need it to be at any moment. This is their world and we only live in it.

4 Likes

Are you kidding? Specifically in Nevada, entire businesses exist around full auto.

Just the first couple of Google hits. There’s more.

4 Likes

I have the feeling that Marilou is about to get whacked by one of Duterte’s goons. She knew a lot, but we will never know what.

How did the cameras outside the room escape notice?

2 Likes

That’s great but those are where people go to play soldier and shoot machine guns. These are examples of licensees under the NFA. What does that have to do with Paddock? Did he own such a place?

Thanks. I found the info.

Probably because he set up the cam outside his room right before shooting. Pretty easy to do, and cams are very small. I see nothing odd about that revelation.

3 Likes

If we donated Inhofe’s brain to a citizen of another country, that country would consider the donation to be an act of war.

5 Likes

No, that’s not going to happen, she will end up being questioned.

1 Like

Forget the ones outside–those make sense. Why did he set up ones inside his room? Did they record anything?

2 Likes

He had an ego and wanted to go out with headlines. Would not surprise me at all if he filmed himself shooting just to “get off”. Keep in mind this is one sick mf’er.

Most of the questions you are asking have mostly been answered, except the Marilou story, but eventually she will be questioned too. I suspect he was planning to do this, sent her back to the Philippines, and sent her money for being his “maid plus sex” for years. She probably knew squat, but she could have a lot of useful info on his actions in the weeks leading up to this.

1 Like

This reinforces my theory that those smoke detectors saved a lot of lives and are the one thing this piece of shit didn’t plan for. IMO he thought he’d have a lot more time before the police could pinpoint exactly which floor and room he was in, and he intended to either make a “last stand”, ambush the cops, or give himself a legit chance to escape. It also shortened the amount of time he could fire at the crowd below. I also think that’s what the scoped rifles w/ bipods were for, to target individuals with accurate shots once the crowd had dispersed and “spray and pray” was no longer effective.

Just thinking out loud again.

4 Likes

The answer to your first question is, “Fuck no!”

They make small fiber optic based cameras, something you could easily wedge into/under the door pointed down the hall but that wouldn’t be noticed unless you looked for them.

Josh is right, there is a lot more to this story, we still have no idea why he did this, picked this venue, that concert. Maybe he decided on it when his girlfriend set her travel plans, so they couldn’t say she participated (it sounds like he hid this from her). The FBI is going to look very hard for a motive behind the shooting, and it’s going to tell us a lot about what happened and why…someone like this doesn’t leave a mystery as to their motives, he made a statement and wants it to survive him.

1 Like