Discussion: Senate Health Committee To Hold Hearings On Health Care In September

2 Likes

“So much winning, you’re gonna be sick of all the winning …believe me.”

9 Likes

Coulda saved everyone a lot of trouble if this had been done several years ago. Just sayin’.

17 Likes

Senate to PO(tu)S

13 Likes

Pretty bass-ackward. First they vote on three different major bills to shred healthcare, THEN they hold hearings.

16 Likes

Well, are you feeling sick yet?

2 Likes

McConnell mutters to himself “Hearings? Hearings?? We don’t need no hearings…we don’t got to cho you no steenking hearings!!!”

5 Likes

So, let me get this straight – the Health Committee is going to have hearings on … health care?

Will the Labor Committee have hearings on labor, or the Environment Committee on environmental issues?

6 Likes

Did I just hear a really loud crack - like the beginning of the big thaw in the arctic? Years of uniform denying that anything had been wrong in health care/health insurance that required the ACA on the part of republicans - will any participate in any meaningful way in such hearings? I hope so, but hold little realistiic hope - as someone said here last week - this Senate is far from the ability to work across parties that was seen from time to time in the 80s. But perhaps there is a tiny glimmer of hope that some in the GOP caucus are recognizing what the polls are telling them - the American public disagrees about their fundamental stand on healthcare (aka You are On Your Own.)

10 Likes

The Committee:

I liked the Committee better when it was an improv troupe.
Good news: No Benghazi questions.

4 Likes

Cassidy might try, but the others will shut him down.

1 Like

How come Patty Murray is pictured here if she is not on the committee?

1 Like

That’s only the list of Republican members

1 Like

Minority member. I just copied the majority.

4 Likes

You’re driving a nail into the wall to hang a picture. You smash a bunch of holes in the wall using a sledgehammer. Then some bright bulb says, “Hey try this claw hammer.” D’oh!!!

1 Like

Even having “a tiny glimmer of hope” seems optimistic to me. For starters, Lamar Alexander is the chair of the committee that is organizing these hearings.

Expecting Trump to try to sabotage any sensible effort.

1 Like

Wait! Is government trying to actually do real work? Texas, 94 Degrees out but I am checking for snow.

3 Likes

The crack you heard was Sen. Murray realizing the “health” hearings will focus on Obamacare disasters & how great it is to improve health care by cutting those nasty top end taxes

2 Likes

Is Paul Ryan onboard with this?

2 Likes