Discussion: Secret Service Says Guns Will Not Be Allowed At GOP Convention

Spoilsports.

1 Like

Oh Shoot! A good many of us believe this petition was merely masterful trolling.

2 Likes

Christians only. No Buddhists, no Muslims (Obviously!), no Hindus, no Sikhs (no turbans period, or bathrobes), no no no no no …

2 Likes

A kiddy might ’ accidently ’ shoot someone .

I thought they were finally on to something ---- Oh well —

You just know that even if they’re shooting at each other they’d hit the waiters and the bartenders and the cleaning staff and pretty much everyone but their targets…

“Individuals determined to be carrying firearms will not be allowed past
a predetermined outer perimeter checkpoint, regardless of whether they
possess a ticket to the event,” Secret Service spokesman Robert Hoback
said in a statement to the news outlet.
…
Good idea…

1 Like

This is a wasted opportunity. Have Trump and Cruz become the nominee via an Aaron Burr versus Alexander Hamilton type duel. Shouldn’t that be these gun-loving GOP creeps way? I mean, think of the benefits! Great…and I mean GREAT TV. A clear winner! And, AND, AND, we as Dems win twice! Our candidate beats the crap out of the winner in November, and we rid the world one of these assholes! Honestly, I ask you…DOES ANYONE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS? Holy shit…I’m a genius! :smile:

2 Likes

It’s going to be called the “Les Nessman Security Perimeter”.

“slight of hand”

It should be “sleight” but your phrase is even more applicable to Trump, especially since it would infuriate him. Or, as he might say, it’s very very funny and will make him very very mad. Very mad.

2 Likes

as they are likely to be the only PoC there, yes.

1 Like

I understand the gratifying “I told you so!!” stance. I just can’t share it here, with this.

O pooh! That was going to be too much fun.

Now what do they do when deciding which delegates are supporting whom? I was so looking forward to the shootouts.

When Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) was asked about the petition, he said he hadn’t “reviewed” it.

Which means that his aides hadn’t told him what to think and say about it just yet.
BTW…can you imagine if they had allowed guns at the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago? What a fun-filled extravaganza that would have been!

1 Like

Don’t give them any more ideas!!!

This is an outrage! It must not stand! How dare the federal gubmint interfere with the right of God-fearing 'murkins to protect themselves from each other! Let free-dumb ring!

2 Likes

Shocking news - NOT.

THEY (The NRA, the Billionaires) know that guns everywhere make us all less safe - heck, it’s safer to fly in a jet airplane than it is to go out to the movies.

The idiots of the gun culture also don’t realize that the execs from the NRA are always protected in public by a security detail because we have too many guns in our streets and neighborhoods. The average Joe doesn’t have these security details.

Any rep or senator that is an NRA fan and fan of guns needs to be voted out of office. Over 35,000 Americans are killed by guns each year…but not the rich or the billionaires who push for guns everywhere. The Koch’s are hiding behind their gated community fences and security guards…they don’t care if we mass shootings or neighborhoods flooded with guns.

Common Americans are so stupid to not see through the fact that THEY want us turning on each other and shooting each other…that’s how the rich remain in control of the nation’s wealth.

1 Like

instead of “free speech zones” what about “2nd amendment zones”?

or we could call it the “Compensation for small…hands zones”

we could give them a separate place to park there vehicles as well, and observe to correlation with large pickup truck ownership.

Well…shooooooooooot’! (Pun intended) It would finally make this FUBAR GOP political race worth watching. Additionally, tens of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland to allow guns at the Republican National Convention — all in the name of safety and in keeping with the GOP’s mantra: “A well armed society is a polite society.” So what’s the problem?
The Change.org petition, which had more than 26,000 supporters as of Saturday evening, claims that the arena’s weapon ban makes those who attend the RNC in July “sitting ducks, utterly helpless against evil-doers and criminals.”It’s addressed to Republican candidates like Trump and Cruz who have promised to eliminate gun-free zones in schools should they be elected. The candidates and the RNC are strangely quiet on this oh-so-important 2nd Amendment request.

“Cleveland, Ohio is consistently ranked as one of the top ten most dangerous cities in America,” the petition states. “By forcing attendees to leave their firearms at home, the RNC and Quicken Loans Arena are putting tens of thousands of people at risk both inside and outside of the convention site.”
Damned right! Time to man up and let the people carry their weapons. It’s their 2nd Amendment right and they are being denied it by the party they support! WTF?..In fact, they should be required to show up at the convention armed. What’s the problem? What could go wrong?

3 Likes

The terrorists win? Or the coastal liberal elite transgendered lesbian illegal immigrants? I forget…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available