Discussion: Schumer After Trump Meeting: 'We Still Have A Good Number Of Disagreements'

John Kelly is a racist and a fascist. He likes the fact that Trump is an idiot, makes it easier to manipulate him. If Kelly has any loyalty at all, it’s to Military-Industrial Complex, not to the country.

11 Likes

Chuck masterfully shivs the Repubs who weren’t in the room. “It’s back on you, Paulie & Turtle!”

3 Likes

I would guess that Kelly was in the meeting.

1 Like

And he’ll Tweet his outrage just as soon as Fox and Friends tell him what he should say about it.

4 Likes

Not to mention WAY better looking

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Trump–failure at well pretty much everything except conning the rubes.

4 Likes

If someone from TPM staff is monitoring comments, I’ve just been told Pruitt has just sent out an e-mail to EPA employees telling them they can ignore the shutdown and keep on working next week. My understanding is that would be illegal, but maybe that doesn’t bother this group of mercenaries.

9 Likes

Maybe Pruitt is declaring them all essential.
They won’t get paid, of course.

Or maybe he’s going to disavow the email and have them all fired for violating the anti-deficiency act.

6 Likes

“We still have a good number of disagreements.”

Well, then that’s sure to give Chiselin’ Trump just what he wants: A good shutdown.

3 Likes

The Trump administration is a total joke. If a shutdown happens, chaos will ensue. Not many have prepared for this.

5 Likes

GOP “Negotiation” in a nutshell:

11 Likes

If Schumer were smart he would wait until about eleven o’clock tonight, call Mitch at the Turtle Dome and tell him the Dems won’t vote for the House bill but won’t filibuster it either. Mitch would have to whip at least fifty of his party to pull it off or 49 and Pence breaks the tie. Could Mitch whip them in short order? It would show just how precarious the Senate is for Republicans.

2 Likes

You don’t.

You work out a deal with your counterparts on the other side and you send it to Trump and tell him he won. This seems to be what Jeff Flake was saying earlier today.

But it seems McConnell doesn’t want to make any agreements without Trump’s prior approval which we all know is impossible.

So, it seems the government will have to be shut down and some pain inflicted on both sides to get anything done.

For those who are too young to remember, governing in this way is new. It started with the Southern Captivity of the GOP in 1994 (yes, the wacky Southerners were always there but not in charge. That all changed in 94). For most of the 225 years before than, compromises were made on both side and legislation was passed through both Houses and signed by presidents of both parties.

6 Likes

Pence only gets to vote if there are the same number of “No” votes as “Yes” votes, otherwise, he just sits there day-dreaming about his Bromance with the President.

3 Likes

hahahahahahaha

Anything Trump can claim as a win is bad. Trump can only claim a win on things where the public clearly thinks he lost or caved. One of his strategies is to be on all sides of any controversy so he can claim he won and ignore all the times he stood on the other side. So you have to get an unequivocal statement of position you can hit him with so it looks like he lost. Just consider his bankruptcies. He even call those a win for himself!!

2 Likes

and nobody buys it except his cult.

4 Likes

I thought I just read that Pence’s overseas trip is still on. If so, he won’t be there tonight to break any tie.

Teeheeheehee…

Edit to add: And Flake’s still saying he’s a “No” and McCain’s out so mathematically, let me check my math, hmmm, carry the one, drop the other - Nah, alles ist upgefüken…

3 Likes

You want something to cry about?
I’ll give you something to cry about!

4 Likes

ICE will pick him up at the airport and deport him temporarily to the Senate.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available