Discussion: Schumer After Trump Meeting: 'We Still Have A Good Number Of Disagreements'

“We have a good number of disagreements. For instance, I’m dealing with reality, and he’s not.”

26 Likes

But Kelly is part of the problem. The Gauleiter (Miller) is only an acolyte.

9 Likes

You and Trump and Ryan and the rest of you hostage-takers have a choice to make:

###Release ALL the hostages, or we send in the SWAT team.

5 Likes

That’s my addendum: Kelly might be racist, but if Trump can’t leave while the shutdown goes on that means Kelly is 24/7 babysitter to a very, very petulant brat.

4 Likes

Trump just needs time.
He has to figure out how to screw the gop, especially his base and then blame it on ryan and mcconnell to the point where he, as the genius, had to step in and keep the gov’t from shutting down.
All for the sake of MAGA.
Going to be interesting.
The quieter the gop leadership gets, the worse it is going to be for them in the short and long term.
More gop retirements coming to a congress representing you. lol

4 Likes

and my name isnt chuck,biotch

That’s the ridiculous rub. Trump and Repubs killed CHIP, killed DACA last year, promised some senators they would vote on it for the tax bill, and now can’t remember ever saying that. Screwed their own people, and are trying to blame Dems. Good f’n luck with that.

Icing on the cake: Americans overwhelmingly support DACA and CHIP.
“Quinnipiac did a poll last week and found that 79 percent said Dreamers should be allowed to stay in the United States and apply for citizenship to just 11 percent who said they shouldn’t be allowed to stay. Subgroups: Democrats 92-3, Republicans 64-20, independents 77-12.”

11 Likes

He has options. Like any addict, he can quit any time…

4 Likes

Did Schumer say, “You aren’t the boss of me”?

2 Likes

No, he said the next time they meet it will be in the shark tank. (I will continue making shark jokes until the stupid Tide pod jokes end.)

9 Likes

I saw a similar thing from Toomey on Facebook. Gave it the hashtag SchumerShutdown.

1 Like

Or as my mother used to say to my sister and I"you made your bed,you lie in it". Hey my mother was not the most maternal woman in the world.

1 Like

I can see the attraction of “Shumer Shutdown” - it’s alliterative and rolls off the tongue. Unfortunately for the Republicans, “Shithouse Shutdown” does too, and has the added benefit of extending and providing a bit of additional life to another bothersome story clanging around the ether right now, while also alluding to the damage Donnie is doing to the President’s image over the past year less a day…

11 Likes

I bow to greatness !

1 Like

“We had a long and detailed meeting,” Schumer told reporters

That Chuck, he’s quite the comedian, isn’t he? :smile:

10 Likes

I understand emergency plans are being assembled to put a new golf course on the Mall, allowing Donnie to continue to play while stuck in DC. He’ll be signing the executive order before midnight, declaring this an essential service and using the Army Corps of Engineers to build it while the shutdown continues - alles ist gut!

5 Likes

Well, it was probably detailed for Trump standards

3 Likes

Mr. Schumer told reporters outside the Capitol: “We had a long and detailed meeting. We discussed all of the major outstanding issues. We made some progress, but we still have a good number of disagreements. The discussions will continue.”

A perfect opportunity to explain to the American people what is really at stake blown by Schumer. He could have talked about dying children because of CHIP and families being torn apart because of mass deportation.

Instead we get “major outstanding issues” and a “number of disagreements.”

When o when are the Democrats going to learn to use the national stage effectively?

7 Likes

“We had a long and detailed meeting,” Schumer told reporters outside the Oval Office.

How the FUCK is this even possible unless the topics are Mar-a-Lago chocolate cake, ice cream, or “hot chicks who look like my daughter”???

7 Likes

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available