Discussion: Schiff: To Find Analogy For Russia Probe, 'You'd Have To Go Back To Watergate'

1 Like

Keep up the pressure and give Ryan no option other than replacing him!

9 Likes

Important California congresspeople on intelligence committees:
Senate Intelligence: Both Sens Feinstein and Harris are members. Go DiFi and KamalaHarris!
House Intelligence: Nunes chairs, Schiff is ranking member. Here, sigh, we have worse than yin yang, we have Lapdog Nunes and Watchdog Schiff. Or Complicit (hello Russian wine products, anyone?) and Prosecutor. Dear people of Nunes’s district, bring on the pressure!

5 Likes

For the size of the investigation you have to go back to Watergate.

For the crime, you have to go back to Benedict Arnold.

21 Likes

The comparison was bound to be made eventually. :smiley:

13 Likes

I was thinking more of the firing on Fort Sumter myself. The start of a (GOP) civil war, and the eventual collapse of the “states rats” movement.

7 Likes

Even Dick Cheney says Russian interference was an act of war. For god’s sake, where are the Republican patriots?!?

4 Likes

“It’s out there. People are saying it. I don’t know, but people are saying ‘Watergate.’ We have to find out what the hell is going on.”

2 Likes

What? What? What??

Comey tried to reveal Russian plot before election — Obama administration officials blocked: report

(The link is to RawStory, the original is from NewsWeek).

@inversion
@tena
@spencersmom
@matthew1961

6 Likes

We’re trying, trust me. But it’s deeeeeeeep red. Here’s what we’re dealing with:

5 Likes

Joe Manchin DINO-W.Va,is also on this committee. He immediately degrades its integrity

4 Likes

MY fear is the Bundy Trial result. The Trump Team is shown to be guilty, and the public won’t care. The public will say, “So what. He’s our guy. We’ve got his back.”

That’s my worry.

4 Likes

People should now be saying Russiagate.

@inversion
@tena
@spencersmom
@matthew1961

@geofu54 Obama’s reluctance to go after Russian interference was documented towards the end of the campaign because the president didn’t want to be seen as meddling in the election. In about September 2015 Russian interference came to the WH’s attention, but they chose to not act.

An F.B.I. agent initially tried in September 2015 to alert officials from the Democratic National Committee that it was the target of a cyberattack by a group of hackers with links to Russian intelligence. But the administration waited until October 2016, more than a year later and after months of damaging leaks, to confirm that intelligence agencies believed the hacks were the product of a Russian intelligence operation.

12 Likes

6 Likes

That would be Ворота России
(vorota rossii)

5 Likes

The only thing I will note here is that “Russian plot” in the headline is a little misleading. Comey wasn’t going to say Trump was involved but only that the Russians were trying to interfere with the election. But still–WTF Obama??

Between the Trump care fiasco and the way he is handling the Nunes business, Ryan’s career in politics is going to be over before this saga is done.

6 Likes

Schiff: To Find Analogy For Russia Probe, 'You’d Have To Go Back To Watergate’.

To find an analogy of lasting damage to the United States, you’d have to go back even further…

To Klaus Fuchs giving the Bomb to the Stalin.
Or Tokyo Rose abetting Pearl Harbor.
Or Axis Sally aiding The Final Solution.

The name of Benedict Donald will live in infamy.

13 Likes

Not only Ryan’s. That’s why I want this to stretch out a while. The longer it takes, the more Republicans ruined by it. Shades of Democratic sweep in 1974 - a sweep that might not have been so thorough if Nixon had been forced out in 1973.

9 Likes

Ivankatoinette as well

8 Likes