Discussion: Schiff: Pelosi Is 'Absolutely Right' To Oppose Trump Impeachment

I know the senate won’t vote for it but that doesn’t mean hearing on impeachment should not be held. The country is already divided, it could hardly get worse short of a shooting war. Any evidence as to crimes need to be made public while keeping the tradition of innocent until proven guilty. Non criminal but impeachable offenses need to be public as well. We as Americans have the right to know what the guy in the Oval Office has been up to.

10 Likes

…the investigations need to take their course and impeachment, if warranted, will be clear.

Seems reasonable to me although I want him gone SO Yugggeeely…

Say, How’s about we just put him on an all expenses paid by taxpayers “Victory Tour” with rallies in say, one hundred American cities? And give him a Boeing 737 Max to fly on?

14 Likes
  • The Democrats are in Disarray

• Pelosi has lost Control

• Pelosi’s remarks signal that the Mueller report contains information far less damaging to the President than previously thought

• The liberal Wing of the House will have a very negative reaction to this failure of leadership

• The Democrats are in Disarray…oh…I forgot…I listed that one already

24 Likes

TPM groupies nailed this: She’d impeach in a heartbeat if the evidence for impeachment is prima facie compelling to a broad segment of the electorate.
Also, by seeming to take it off the table, she has partially disarmed Trumpians and thrown them off their game.

60 Likes

What’s it going to take to get rid of this jackass? Anything?

In the interest of saving time…

Adam Schiff:

• Years in Congress: 16
  • Sex: Male
3 Likes

I do wonder how they get their narrative going so easily. Every time it seems we’re getting the upper hand, and at the beginning of the year, the narrative was clearly in Democratic control, they wrest it back and make a shambles.

It’s an election year. They’re going to be relentless and we’ve got to stop helping them by eating our own. Which means anybody who’s howling because Pelosi didn’t start impeachment proceedings yesterday if not sooner needs an intervention.

@gr Like yours above x 1,000,000.

6 Likes

The Dems ought to just keep saying, “He’s not worth it”. That will get under his skin bigly. He will want to prove them wrong. Nancy is right and she knows what she’s doing. She would rather face a severely wounded Trump in 2020 than either an impeachment survivor a la Clinton or a newly installed Pence.

39 Likes

Trump is a criminal, a traitor, and a threat to all life on Earth. And we should leave him there? Pelosi has taken leave of her senses. But then, she’s a fool in not recognizing the urgency of climate collapse too. I will not be donating to any Democrats in the next election cycle who do not clearly, repeatedly, publicly call for impeachment. Compromise with the Republican party of suicide cannot be a rewarded strategic direction.

2 Likes

My current thought is send trump to Israel. He seems to be popular there. He thinks he is polling at 98% (in reality it’s more like 60%). He also thinks he could get elected PM in Israel by acclimation. Yet he hasn’t the first clue how the Israeli Knesset operates or how a PM is chosen.

4 Likes

13 Likes

Now do the same trick with Bernie Sanders. Notice anything?

13 Likes

Impeachment or not, to me what’s crucial is that the next President and his/her DoJ continue all avenues of investigation into Trump, his family, and cabinet members who have committed crimes and violated the trust of the American people. There can be no sweeping under the rug of misdeeds by bad actors as occurred in 2007-2008. Justice must be served, even if delayed.

22 Likes

Subsequent to Clinton being impeached in the House but not convicted in the Senate, his polling soared and the polling and reputation of the Repubs suffered for a long time. Pelosi, Schiff and many other Dems are smart, patient, tactical, politically astute, and are not overplaying their cards. Trump is a reckless, emotional, and stupid decision maker consistently shooting himself (and the Repub party) in the foot. The smart Dems have learned the lessons re: impatient moves to impeach.

31 Likes

Don’t forget that the Democrats are Divided.

6 Likes

Build the case before you start yacking. Then screw the bastard to the wall.

15 Likes

…that he hasn’t spoken out against impeachment?

1 Like

I think I get your point. I definitely trust Schiff more than most Congresscritters.

8 Likes

Good for Schiff, we need the adults to come forward.

Starting the Impeachment Process is only supported by 35% of the US at this point, 59% don’t support it. If the D’s go off half cocked, the happiest person in the world with be Trump and the Republicans, who will say “this is all political, they started impeachment without having done an investigation” And you know what? Trump would have a point. Build the case first, call in witnesses, gather evidence, set the narrative. Don’t act like a lynch mob… (not saying that its not deserved, but its a bad look…)

At times I really wish the progressive left would get a clue. Anger only takes you so far, and it turns off a lot of the Country.

P.s. most recent poll is here: https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2603

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available