Discussion: Schiff: Pelosi Is 'Absolutely Right' To Oppose Trump Impeachment

Try that crap on someone else.

12 Likes

Someone needs his snark meter tuned…

1 Like

I love Congressman Schiff. What an awesome warrior he has been and is. When you get done busting the Trump crime syndicate Adam, I’d love to see you run for prez.

19 Likes

The Dems have learned the wrong lesson from Bill Clinton’s impeachment. By any sense of proportionality, Trump’s crimes and treason are many orders of magnitude beyond Clinton’s sleazy sex life. The American people will get that if it’s presented clearly.

This is as stupid as the Dems learning from McGovern to never go left again. It wasn’t McGovern’s positions, it was his weak presentation of them – much as it was Hillary’s weak presentation that doomed her run, if less substantially.

7 Likes

This AP writer couldn’t help inserting her editorial opinion into her article. Was there really an “ugly” debate in Madame Speaker Pelosi’s caucus over how to word the denunciation of bigotry? Methinks not but this writer felt obligated to throw out something derogatory just to be continuing the false equivalency game right?

22 Likes

I stand to be corrected if I am off…but Mueller is not finished by a long shot. And if that’s the case, the fact that stories abound with “theories” that Pelosi said something about Impeachment at this time because she somehow knew that Mueller had too little on Trump to warrant Impeachment is misleading.

I’ll go with @gr…and I certainly will not jump aboard the honeywagon with the narrative that “Pelosi is folding”

8 Likes

Seriously, there’s no reason but sheer prejudice and sophistry to think that Schiff’s age, sex, and ethnicity have anything to do with his reasoning here. That’s offensive. And there’s no reason to assume he and Pelosi don’t have a plan on this. Schiff has been very aggressively setting up and pursuing a serious investigation into everything Trump has done since the bastard was in knee pants. He’s done a hell of a lot more than yell and posture on the interwebs. So I took issue with your original little thesis there, which you never actually did try to defend and I don’t blame you.

30 Likes

Removing Trump is a wholly political process. It can be done, but it must be done meticulously and doggedly.

In Congress:
As the investigations continue and the evidence mounts, public opinion will start to swing. In moves of unabashed self-interest, Republicans in swing districts/states will begin to move into the impeach column. Once the number of votes has tipped, Articles of Impeachment will most likely be filed.

In the population:
Democratic voters and politicians need to coalesce around a single candidate for the presidency and for each open seat in Congress. We need to volunteer, even if we don’t have time, and we need to get people to the polls.

8 Likes

Isn’t that always what gets claimed though? Were you not here yesterday?

Pretty sure no one else failed to take my point, btw…

1 Like

Having been a member of Congress during President Bill Clinton’s impeachment, she saw the way the public turned on Republicans and helped Clinton win a second term.

Clinton was re-elected in 1996.

Impeachment wasn’t an issue until the 1998 midterm elections (when Gingrich had to resign because the Republican leadership knew he was having an affair with an intern!).

Doesn’t the AP have editors any more?

7 Likes

Trump is a great yellow head on a poisonous infection. To heal Democracy, we have to get to the taproot.
People seem to misunderstand what Impeachment is and what can be done with it. Complete coordinated investigation must continue without distractions.

9 Likes

Your point appears to be that the guy who is meticulously laying out a case for impeachment, without pulling the trigger too early and blowing our chance, is in fact not doing what he is obviously doing because he is a white male who has been in congress for 12 years. If this wasn’t your point, please clarify.

15 Likes

You’ve saved me a good deal of time and angst, THANKS Matt!!

BTW snark typically is followed by /s amiright? :unamused:

4 Likes

Word. Why telegraph any intention to impeach? That doesn’t get us anywhere.

13 Likes

Way to go to ensure a Trump second term.

5 Likes

So you’re snarking on people who’ll claim that by virtue of his age, sex, and tenure in office he’s wrong about this? If that’s what you’re trying to say I’ll apologize but that sure wasn’t clear and the Sanders crack didn’t clarify it any.

7 Likes

Well honestly I once again did not understand your example or inference. Shiff being 58, white and male member of congress just didn’t click in my brain. Your examples may just be too arcane?

3 Likes

There is now no scenario, no circumstance, no crime, no attack on our Constitution that would ever result in impeachment. Congress has been drooling to rid itself of that sacred responsibility because it would mean the Congressional Corruption Club is now free to operate with impunity. Impeachment is now nothing but an empty word to be used only when one party wants to appear loyal to the rule of law, but in reality it’s nothing but a hollow threat. Power in both parties is preserved and ensured as long as there’s a nod and a wink regarding the “I word”. If Donald Trump can’t be impeached, no one will ever be. It’s disgusting to see how Pelosi and other Dems betray us and the nation. We need 200 AOCs and 60 Bernies in Congress, and we need them yesterday.

2 Likes

She and us Democrats are playing 10 dimensional chess and the Dotard is, well, playing with himself.

10 Likes

More of a 200:1 ratio, but yeah.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available