Discussion: Schiff, Nunes Seek Mueller Counter-Intel Briefing And Full Materials From Probe

2 Likes

This seems like a clever play by Schiff. He probably already knows that the info will show that the warrants were justified, and he’s reeling Nunes in because CowBoy needs some cred and so he took the bait.

18 Likes

“House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) and the committee’s top Republican, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA), sent Justice Department leaders a letter last month demanding the full report submitted by special counsel Robert Mueller and its underlying materials, as well as a briefing from Mueller’s team”.

Can’t wait for Barr to try “redacting” live testimony from Mueller and his team.

It’s gonna be awesome…

28 Likes

“. . . Nunes and Schiff have butt heads over the direction of the probes . . .”

Well. One of these guys is a butt head . . .

17 Likes

As I understand it, the FBI will be briefing the “gang of eight” on the counterintelligence aspects of Mueller’s investigation, much of which was not fully developed in the Mueller Report that Barr currently possesses. Does anyone know when this will happen?

8 Likes

You’re being generous.

6 Likes

I’m betting on Schiff. He is fighting for something more than himself.

Isn’t that what this is all about?

21 Likes

For all we know, it already has.

3 Likes

Nunes obviously agreed to this so he can share it with the White House, and so he can go on cable news and proclaim that he’s seen it and nothing is there. He’s just trying to inflate his importance, and will very likely be lying about what’s in the report…both of these are as usual with him.

Schiff will take the full report as a roadmap to bring the investigation into the public sphere, and he will be able to refute anything Republicans have to say about it. This really needs to happen, and it’s a good thing we have someone like Schiff there who will go to the mat to make sure the truth is revealed.

16 Likes

Nunes signed on? I wonder what his cow has to say about this?

6 Likes

I don’t know. They both have strong motivations. Schiff is fighting for justice and the very soul of American democracy. Nunes is fighting to stay out of prison.

4 Likes

Judge Nap’s take on Barr’s memo. Interesting because he points out that what Barr said may not mean what you think, i.e. legalese.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/fox-news-judge-barrs-four-page-memo-didnt-exonerate-trump/

4 Likes

Yes.

Also yes.

There is also the chance that somewhere along the line that the unreacted report leaks as a result of this.

1 Like

4 Likes

I’ve been lit since Barr’s Summary Not a Summary was released because it means we’re now moving into the public phase. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Schiff is a patriot who embodies “talk softly and carry a big stick”.

He’s got a ginormous stick. :smiling_imp:

Cc @christianhankel

4 Likes

That letter was dated March 27. They wrote “…the Committee expects that production of the materials identified above begin on April 2nd.”

So, almost two weeks ago? Has anything yet been produced? Can you please do a follow up on this? I want to know if they’re doing the same song and dance with respect to this as they are with every other subpoena issued" by House Committees.

1 Like

Nonsense. It’s hardly a “fishing expedition”.

Schiff has always treated his oversight obligations seriously. He is actually among the least partisan pols I’ve ever known. He’s all about country and constituents first, and his policies always reflect that. An actual decent human being in the halls of Congress…

He’s also well disgusted with the state of our country and Government at the moment. Trump is no friend to our country, and he knows it. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking deluded…

6 Likes

It bothers me to think Noon-nuts is one of the Gang of Eight, with access on demand to any and all intelligence, but considering the WH has the same access, there isn’t anything Li’l Devin could tell them about it. But, you could be right that he wants to rat out the committee’s plans as he did last time.

1 Like

Captions for that photo:

NUNES: "You are a Disloyal, Commie, Trump-HATER!!! "

SCHIFF: “Dumb-Ass”

2 Likes