Discussion: Scalise Remains In Critical Condition After Baseball Practice Shooting

The chicken is home roosting:

“Why do we have a second amendment? It’s not to shoot deer. It’s to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical.”

• Senator [Ayn] Rand Paul
10 Likes

Lucky to have the health care that he has, that he is trying to take away for millions.

10 Likes

I hope he pulls through and makes a full recovery.

8 Likes

*offer only valid when white conservative people declare tyranny to exist

14 Likes

This is very, very sad, and I wish the Congressman a full and speedy recovery. Even more sad is the fact that Congress will continue to suck up to the NRA, allowing more such tragedies to occur every day.

10 Likes

flagged…

6 Likes

Awful, simply awful. I wonder if Alex Jones has any observations to make.
https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/06/13/here-exactly-what-alex-jones-has-said-about-sandy-hook-massacre/216889

4 Likes

Mods notified as well.

5 Likes

The guy was shot in the arse. Karma for stopping any form of gun regulation.

3 Likes

Why? You don’t even know him, but sentimentality is easy and cheap, right?

Why? Because no one deserves to be shot for their political or religious beliefs. Shamed, humiliated, shunned, and argued against, yes. But shot? – no.

11 Likes

Is feeling sorry for Steve Scalise personally a requirement? Because I am just not feeling it.

This is a person of great power who has been a staunch advocate for gun policies that have led to the deaths and maiming of tens of thousands of Americans annually. He is also a prime advocate for a health care bill that will lead to the unnecessary suffering and death of millions of Americans. He is a racist who has spoken before white supremacists groups and described himself as “David Duke without the baggage.”

I feel sad for him as I feel sad for victims of gun violence in general. Nobody should be shot, ever. And I feel sad for his family. But for him, personally? Well, I guess I feel the same amount of sadness for him personally as he feels for the victims of gun violence that are the direct result of the gun policies he advocates and supports.

Sorry, not sorry.

10 Likes

I don’t pray, but I’ll continue to send wishes for a speedy recovery. Bone fragments and damaged organs…his poor wife and kids.

1 Like

Honestly, the first inkling I had that he might not be as well off as indicated was when Trump said he’d make a full recovery.

8 Likes

I just hope he has time to reflect on the wisdom of selling military-grade killing machines to fat middle-aged kooks.

9 Likes

Or they will do something… showing they value members of congress more than 26 First Graders.

2 Likes

This is clearly the fault of the liberals, with all their guns and their loose talk about “Second Amendment remedies” and “watering the tree of liberty.”

5 Likes

Even if he survives this critical phase, this man will never be the same.
Washington, again, seems completely unaware that their actions led directly to this.
The possibly human cross party line ‘kumbaya’ moments, including Trump’s allegedly “measured” statement yesterday, in the face of Republican’s direct, profitable responsibility for the violence appears discordant, at best, in a viewing public already aghast at Washington’s daily verbal and political violence.

5 Likes

This is how I feel and I know it’s not because I’m incapable of sympathy or empathy. I thinks it’s the coarsening of our society. It just deadens you inside when something like this happens. After Sandy Hook, any respect I may have had for Congress went away. If you can’t find it in yourself to pass common sense gun safety measures to maybe give some small glimmer of hope to those grieving parents, then don’t look to me for sympathy when you’re shot. At least he had a security detail; those kids had unarmed teachers hiding them in closets.

10 Likes