Discussion: Saturday Surprise: Trump Makes Unscheduled Visit To Arlington Cemetery

I’ve really been hoping ol’ donnie would go to a cemetery …

Just not as a guest —

2 Likes

I think you misspelled idiot —

3 Likes

That’s Cadet Bone Spurs. He was never in the military, thus couldn’t be a Private. He was such an incorrigible fuckup his parents sent him to military school, where he was called a cadet, and that’s the only uniform he ever wore.

3 Likes

I hope they counted the wreaths after he left. He owns a big hotel in the area.

1 Like

It is too late - That hollow stunk won’t redeem Donald Trump for inexcusably skipping out on the 100 year WWI ceremony with our allies in Europe or even bothering to visit the graves of our fallen on Veterans Day.

2 Likes

Touché.

1 Like

And reruns of the FOX and Friends shows DVR’s where they kiss his ass the most.

1 Like

President Trump walks with an umbrella as he visits Section 60 at Arlington National Cemetery on Saturday. (Carolyn Kaster/AP)

And here is the photo from his visit. Notice how the AP had note that Trump walks with an umbrella? They should have added “And see he can hold his own umbrella, what good boy he is.”

No word on what happened to the umbrella when he had to get back into the car.

3 Likes

That’s precisely the historical analogy I thought of.

1 Like

And just to cross the t’s I’m sure we both would add it’s more congruent than actually similar, in the profound futility of thinking there’s any way what was done could be cleaned up with these feeble efforts. Obviously there’s no comparison between the events as a whole.

1 Like

Yes. Apt reminder.

1 Like

Trump’s standing with Vets must be tanking. This and the ‘war hero’ maneuver are the start of his repair attempt.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available