Discussion: Saturday Surprise: Trump Makes Unscheduled Visit To Arlington Cemetery

… and he brought his clubs

19 Likes

I’m sure all is forgiven now.

11 Likes

Yeah… he can handle Arlington when nothing is happening but he can’t do Dover AFB. Just the thought of such a visit makes his heel spurs act up.

8 Likes

Maybe he is scouting for a plot.

3 Likes

That’s the staff desperately trying to get him away from the teevee, his phone, AND from interaction with press. He’s falling apart faster and faster and they’re trying to cover that. The kind of distraction you’d offer a hyperactive toddler.

17 Likes

O brother!

Do not fucking tell me he is going to pivot NOW!

13 Likes

Well, its raining in DC so he can’t very well play a round of golf, so this must have been the next best thing.

13 Likes

They probably had to promise him ice cream after.

14 Likes

Today was Wreaths Across America day. Over a million wreaths will be laid by volunteers - my wife and I laid four. They ask you to write down a name from a tombstone, then go home and look him/her up to understand that they are real people, not just markers in the ground. Fat Nixon just ruined it for me.

21 Likes

It was a wet and nasty day. The volunteers were good people. The mood was somber but festive. I am glad I missed his entourage. Very glad.

28 Likes

I am surprised because it’s been pouring buckets all day here in the DC area. We went out for lunch and were glad to be home and dry… he must have had an extra shot of hairspray and a promise of a big bucket of KFC to entice him out.

Of course, with the rain there would be few people to ask uncomfortable questions.

15 Likes

The most bizarre moment of Richard Nixon’s presidency happened on May 9, 1970. Days after the Ohio National Guard killed four college students at Kent State University—and less than two weeks after the invasion of Cambodia began—the president took an impromptu, late-night walk to the Lincoln Memorial with Manolo Sanchez, a White House valet. Nixon stumbled across dozens of student protesters at the site, with whom he engaged in bizarre, rambling debate.

13 Likes

I guess it isn’t raining . Ugh, what a horrible person.

2 Likes

Two scoops

4 Likes

private bone spurs… oh the irony

3 Likes

So when will he finally visit our troops overseas and in harms way? Or will he save that for an in case of fire break glass emergency?

5 Likes

And his presence insults everyone interned there

8 Likes

He didn’t stay home in France because of the rain. He stayed home because he was out of sorts and didn’t feel like going. The rain was the first excuse. The reason he went today is because he can’t golf. And they’re looking for ways to demonstrate he’s not quite as awful as his own actions would prove. Oh, the depth of feeling he must have, to go in his quiet, unassuming way and engage in this act of touching remembrance! Meantime, last I checked that little girl we killed remains both dead and unmentioned in any official way that isn’t dismissive, as in “Parents, don’t seek entry into this country to save your children’s lives, because they might die and we’ll blame you.”

Stay out of Arlington, Trump. Only people capable of a moment’s real feeling for them should walk among the sleepers. Go play golf. Watch TV. Keep your soulless pig self away from such places.

26 Likes

O my god - I just flashed on Michael Cohen and all of his remorse. That’s what they’re looking at - cause Michael is guilty, and they’re guilty so…

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available