Discussion: Saturday Surprise: Trump Makes Unscheduled Visit To Arlington Cemetery

I’m surprised he didn’t take a dump on the graves out of spite.

I vote for making the donors to his campaign and superpacs walk through the children’s tent cities and clean up like we made the townspeople living near auschwitz do.

7 Likes

Thanks for making a powerful distinction between the denizens of Arlington and the hollow man who invaded their space today. They gave their lives to get there. He took a round trip in a limousine.

8 Likes

Thanks. It’s just wrong. We all see that.

3 Likes

Not pivoting.

Twisting.

Slowly, in the wind.

9 Likes

O I love that.

Bravo for that comment.

3 Likes

trump was looking for a new chief of staff

(stolen from the FoxNews article comment)

“Fox News: President Trump is at Arlington National Cemetery taking part in Wreaths Across America.”

Correction: Trump never touched a wreath. Therefore, he never took part.
15 minutes? Please.

6 Likes

While yelling at the tombstones “Let me play through!”, “They’re very low energy!”

9 Likes

He misread the announcement, thought it was about wraiths, and raced right over. Another disappointment! Can’t win for losing, that boy.

5 Likes

Maybe 3 scoops had to be promised to him.

2 Likes

What a patriot! Did he ride the golf cart around knowing how adverse he is to walking? Wait, it was probably raining there today, how was this possible?

2 Likes

8 Likes

His mere presence desecrates those hallowed grounds. How dare he.

1 Like

Hope he didn’t go near my Uncle’s grave.

3 Likes

I had exactly that image in my head but because I am doing this via my phone I couldn’t cut and paste… :laughing:

1 Like

This fucker still hasn’t had the guts to go to a war zone where Americans are stationed or fighting. He hasn’t gone on a surprise visit to see the troops like every other modern-day American President. Holidays have come and gone and he still doesn’t seem to give a shit, like he just doesn’t care to see it as part of his job. He’s a self-centered prick with no knowledge of history or tradition. As for any attempts at being a morale booster to the troops…its probably for the best that he doesn’t bother at this point. He’d just fuck that up too, mostly by talking about himself. We’ve seen how he handles natural disasters. Visiting the troops probably wouldn’t go over that well either, even a captive audience like they would have to be for their CIC.

How many minutes did he spend at Arlington? Five? Ten? Probably just long enough to get a photo snapped for twitter, and then off to the links.

4 Likes

What you did was important. Don’t let Fat Nixon ruin it for you - he’ll probably never return, but the families of our departed soldiers appreciate what you do there.

And remembering one of the departed as a person and not as just another statistic is also of value.

6 Likes

The Baltimore Washington area has broken the record for the most rain in a year in recorded history. The last time I heard about a month ago, we were two feet of rain over average - and this storm is expected to drop another 2 to 3 inches.

2 Likes

I think trump went to Arlington because he had nothing else to do and just decided to play tourist. Not that he gives a shit about anyone buried there.

I think you misspelled divot.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available