Discussion: Sanders To Meet With Women Who Alleged Harassment, Sexism During Campaign

And Sanders was only one factor in why Clinton lost. The others being Russia and James Comey. You don’t need to assign 100% of the blame to Sanders to understand he was partly to blame for wanting to use the Democratic Party for his own selfish purposes.

Precision and concision. That’s the game.

2 Likes

He’s best finger wagger and manspaliner that the Independent party has to offer.

7 Likes

Sanders and Stein gifted us the Puppet.

1 Like

Ah, you list everything EXCEPT her and her campaign and lack of vision.

Trump was such a terrible candidate that she should have whipped his butt in the electoral college. Should not have been at all close.

She lost in States where she should have been up by more than enough to offset whatever losses came from other sources.

Face it, your candidate lost because she was a shitty candidate. The other stuff is a factor, maybe even a deciding one on a slim margin, but she should have won in a blow-out, with those only reducing her margin of victory.

He just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

He allowed a culture of denigration and misogyny to flourish in his campaign, all the while proclaiming that he’d be fine on that front when running an entire country.

1 Like

You gifted! You gifted! You’re the gifter!

1 Like

Go check on Hillary and a certain senior advisor. Sexual Harassment is not unique to Bernie’s campaign. It’s happened in all of them, even with her. And her case is arguably worse, because while none of the women in Bernie’s campaign claim that he was ever aware, Hillary was of her case…

Bern the feel…

5 Likes

Hillary Clinton was the brightest, most prepared, and most articulate of the candidates running for President in 2016. She defeated her primary opponent by 4 million votes. Despite her overwhelming vote advantage, Sanders wanted convention “Super delegates” to take the nomination away from her and award it to him.

After she won the nomination, Sanders unenthusiastic endorsement of her and his unwillingness to confront the misogyny and perfidy of many of his supporters helped to embolden the #NeverHillary movement.

Aided and abetted by the Russian/Republican chicanery, the Comey malfeasance, and the avid consumption of decades old right-wing propaganda by a new generation of purportedly “progressive” voters raised on Redditt deceit, the vote of those predisposed to vote Democratic was suppressed. And so the Democratic nominee, despite receiving 3 million more votes than her opponent, lost the election because of 70,000 combined votes in 3 Electoral College states.

The stain and shame of that defeat falls on those useful idiots perpetuating the drivel you’re repeating here. Unfortunately the pain of that defeat afflicts us all.

4 Likes

Jesus Christ, you’re as much of a Sanders Sycophant as Mulvaney is a Trump Sycophant.

You’re not working this room like you think you are. Sanders was a lousy candidate too, and all the chaos you’re trying to spread here is not going to work. Not this time.

All things in moderation, including moderation.
5 Likes

If he runs in 2020 he’ll surely be vetted, which didn’t happen in 2016. There’s much to know and I can’t wait!

1 Like

Anyone else really, really, REALLY FUCKING TIRED of he said, she said, when it was two motherfucking years ago?

2 Likes

I really don’t understand it.

And there lies the problem. It’s not that you’re unable to understand the negative response to Bernie, it seems more that you just don’t want to. It’s really pretty simple. He used the DNC apparatus though he is not a Dem and when he lost the primary he was not a team player, in fact he was worse. He bit the hand that fed him. And that’s just the down to the core basics.

6 Likes

Mansplaining is exactly the right term. It wasn’t his policies I didn’t like so much as his presentation, and his tolerance for more outright misogyny by his supporters. Basically, an arrogance that was really off-putting. I don’t like the “who’d you like to have a beer with” test, but I didn’t trust him to stand up for my interests, more to the point I didn’t trust him to even see them, or to react with less than condescension when they were pointed out.

He just seems more interested in Being Bernie than in solving problems.

5 Likes

And I find myself agreeing with Darcy. This world is so fucked up. :wink:

1 Like

Kinda telling that you think it’s about voting for someone like them anatomically rather than voting for someone who would protect their interests.

1 Like

But it all wrought Trump so we’re still dealing with it.

I might have noticed that. I’d rather search for a path forward though, instead of repeatedly, constantly, hammering each other over the past.

1 Like

When I run for prez I’ll promise to give every citizen $100,000. Sounds good, and I don’t have to say where I’ll get it, or even say I have a plan, only that it’ll be so nice.

Don’t forget to have a little birdie visit you while you’re making this promise. Or maybe it should be a rabbit. People might be suspicious if it’s a birdie again.

"If you're bored then you're boring." -Harvey Danger
2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available