Discussion: Sanders To Meet With Women Who Alleged Harassment, Sexism During Campaign

Le sighā€¦ I guess that means heā€™s running. I have no problems with what Sanders brings to the conversation - and really, aside from not getting out of the primary sooner, Sanders did give full support to HRC - but some of his supporters suffer from an annoying strain of some bizzaro entitlement syndrome. #NotAllBernieSupporters

Iā€™m not sure why he thinks he has a shot, but you do you Bernie.

5 Likes

I know thereā€™s a lot of intense dislike of Sanders, but this is a positive step. How many others in his situation did anything other than deny the charges.

3 Likes

Get this old has-been the hell away from the Democratic Party. He wants to be an Independent instead of committing to something? Then stop trying to infiltrate the Democratic Party for his own egotistical needs.

I am so tired of this poser.

Treat your body like a machine. Your mind like a castle.
9 Likes

Just go away, Bernie. Please just go away.

10 Likes

I donā€™t know much about Sandersā€™ personal finances, but this was a dumb play. Cutting a five-figure check and covering it personally would be PR gold. Mumble something about how itā€™s important that this be figured out, but you donā€™t want your supportersā€™ donations to end up paying for misbehavior, or something.

Itā€™s way to easy to spin this in the latter framing, and somebody will. It paints him with the same old out-of-touch good old boy brush, and for his campaign to be in any way viable I think Senator Sanders needs to cultivate a pure-as-the-driven-snow reputation.

(Iā€™m assuming this would be legal as far as campaign finance goes)

3 Likes

There never was ā€˜intense dislikeā€™ for Bernie. What there was was dislike for Weaver and some supporters on the comments they made about Hillary. Hillary supporters were ready to support anyone who won the Democratic nomination but it did not seem to go the other way. I donā€™t know if there was a ā€˜culture of sexismā€™ in Bernieā€™s campaign but there were sexist comments made outside of the campaign which irked quite a few of us. That being said we have followed Bernie for DECADES (my spouse grew up in Vermont and we have a summer place there) and there never was a whiff in previous campaigns of his.

4 Likes

Itā€™s probably for the best. He has too much to answer to for him to be viable

Sanders has apologized and said that his campaign will ā€œdo better next time
Not if we have anything to say about it Mr. ā€œIndependent hang on the coattails of the Democratic Partyā€
No Next time Motherfucker
We had enough of you the first time

4 Likes

Just go away, Bernie. Please just go away.

Sorry, really am, but Bernie ainā€™t going nowhere. Next stop White House! Come on dude, feel the BERN! LOL!

AnyoneButBernie2020

5 Likes

Precisely my reaction to Senator Sanders, but probably not in the same tone or framing.

7 Likes

3 Likes

There never was ā€˜intense dislikeā€™ for Bernie.

Where you been? The was and still is an ā€˜intense dislikeā€™ for Bernie. Same with Hillary. Letā€™s get past it all but stop with the BS.

1 Like

That dinosaur needs to retire to Vermont, the whitest state in the nation, and write his memoirs. He can title it, ā€œIt Should Have Been Meā€.

3 Likes

Of course Nader 2.0 wants to run again, his ego needs feeding.

4 Likes

Feeling plenty burned already, thank you very much.

6 Likes

While he didnā€™t flat out deny, he did push the notion that he was too busy to deal with them in '16.

It also didnā€™t help that he hired a firm to handle any future complaints.

6 Likes

Yes, he did mention his support for HRC but never with the passion that his supporters might have believed. He had his chance when she was booed at the convention, and many times later.

3 Likes

retire to Vermont, the whitest state in the nation,

You know, I never understood that. Itā€™s such a ridiculous reach from there - to ā€˜racistā€™. But if you wanna believe it, it works. Just donā€™t try and explain it to any thinking person.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available