Discussion: Sanders To Meet With Women Who Alleged Harassment, Sexism During Campaign

How about, out of touch?

2 Likes

How much of a wiff of sexism was in any Independent/Democrat campaign until very recently? Or I should say, anything that came out, and women were brave enough to report? It wasnā€™t talked about, so it ā€˜never happened.ā€™ Iā€™m not singling out anyone, but nobody can possibly ignore the storm of sexual sandals, from very clear discrimination and harassment all the way up the rape, in not just politics but in all realms of business. Itā€™s always happened. Weā€™ve just become embolden enough to talk about it now.

1 Like

As do his coffers. In sum, fuck Bernie, fuck his idiot, GOP-parroting wife, and fuck his dead-end supporters.

When youā€™re a celebrity theyā€™ll let you meet with them.

A good read:

To be fair the street lighting is inadequate in Vermont.

2 Likes

DNC booted him out:

Their email accounts are safer now.

He doesnā€™t care. I donā€™t believe he didnā€™t know, his whole campaign was a bunch of millennial men screaming at liberal women who didnā€™t support their candidate. If he runs, he will lose. There are better more likeable people running who are selling the same shit. ONe of the people who worked on his campaign said if he ran, he would lose. He would come in 5th in Iowa and have to drop out. Last time he ran it was against one woman. But if he runs now he will be one of the horses in a large stable of younger, faster, more attractive horses.

1 Like

Haters keep showing up every time his name is mentioned. I really donā€™t understand it.

If you wanna hate someone, hate Hillary, who gifted us Trump.

Yes indeed, and thereā€™s no shade trees to hide ā€¦ from the Orange Burn!

Iā€™d heard about the controversy regarding this rule, but never learned whether it was adopted or not. This is great news. I donā€™t fault Sanders for being who he is, but does he really think he can run totally as an Independent candidate? Um, good luck with that, I guess.

A ton of bricks, a ton of feathers, it's still gonna hurt.

The whole Sanders campaign was founded on sexism (i.e., that the little lady couldnā€™t do it, but the man was entitled to it. See also, Sandersā€™ wagging finger and mansplaining style in the debates.) and it attracted misogynists in droves. The Bros sure as hell showed their sexism outside the campaign, so itā€™s no huge surprise that the same sexism was reflected inside the campaign too.

1 Like

Actually, the sexist campaign was Hillaryā€™s, with quotes like, ā€œThereā€™s a special place in hell for women who donā€™t vote for Hillaryā€, like the fact that she has certain anatomy is supposed to matter more than whatā€™s in her head or heart.

Spouting the Putin line, are you? If you donā€™t understand it, then stop weighing in on the topic.

A ton of bricks, a ton of feathers, it's still gonna hurt.
1 Like

Yeah whatever, bro.

2 Likes

LOL! Lived in VT for two years. Got tired of seasonal work and driving on empty all the time.

But I did know one black man and he was about 150 years old. And also knew and worked in a bar with two Jews (Roz & Bernie). Vermont living is depressing. After a while even the women start wearing flannel shirts.

I donā€™t believe it. I worked closely with the Hillary campaign and they were pissed off at the commentsā€¦not at Bernie.

I understand it very well. Lived through it. I liked Bernie, heā€™s my old Senator.

I was unimpressed by Hillary and her lack of any compelling reason to vote for her other than ā€œitā€™s my turnā€ or ā€œfirst female presidentā€.

Voted for her anyway, but she was certainly not inspiring like Obama was or Bernie would have been.

But what I donā€™t understand is why Hillary supporters point fingers at Bernie supporters like itā€™s Our fault that she lost to the orangutan. Your myopia to her failings as a candidate is why we lose elections.

Come on sys, itā€™s out in the open here and has been for a long time. I understand it but letā€™s move on. And Iā€™m as guilty as anyone.

1 Like

You said you didnā€™t understand it, yet now you suddenly do.

I wasnā€™t particularly thrilled with Clinton, either, but she was a thousand times better candidate than Trump. We may never see another Obama in our lifetime. All Sanders knew how to do was to preach from the podium.

Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it AGAIN: without resorting to Google, how many of us can say what Sanders has actually accomplished in his lifetime as a free-floating, uncommitted Independent?

Other than sponsoring amendments that never went anywhere or giving good speeches that no one believed would lead to anything.

The Democratic Party is for Democrats. Full stop.

Precision and concision. That's the game.
3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available