Discussion: Sanders: If Clinton Wins, She'll Have To Win Over My Supporters Herself

2 Likes

Bernie is a self -righteous douchebag. But I voted for him anyway!

8 Likes

Shows how little he really cares about the issues.

85 Likes

Sanders supporters regularly complain that the media didn’t cover him early on and the DNC put the debates on weekends so no one got to know him. They suggest that this was to Sanders’ detriment, and evidence the DNC was trying to rig the nomination against him.

The more I get to know Bernie over the past month or so the more I think maybe the DNC and media did Sanders a favor.

127 Likes

22 Likes

Leopard doesn’t change its spots. Bernie remains an “independent.”

45 Likes

I have feared this for several months. Unlike HRC in 2008, Bernie will not offer unqualified support if he is not the nominee, he will not energetically and enthusiastically support Hillary if he does not win, he will not enable and encourage his supporters to back back the Democratic ticket without question.

Bernie continues to demonstrate that he’s not interested in advancing progressives around the country. Bernie is in this race for Bernie and Bernie only.

If standing before King Solomon, Bernie would insist that the only fair outcome is to cut the baby in half.

127 Likes

Thank you Senator Sanders for confirming my decision not to vote for you today in the MD primary. As a matter of fact I will be sure that my sons who may be voting for you see this.

103 Likes

Last night, Senator Sanders stated that he would not encourage his people to support Secretary Clinton. Like many Democrats throughout the country, I am outraged at this betrayal. This is a knife in the back. I believe that Secretary Clinton has only one option if Senator Sanders does not recant this statement (and remember, he never recants.). She must use her overwhelming delegate advantage to dictate the platform, convention agenda, and party rules. No negotiation; steamroll city; and done quietly and methodically.

This will put the responsibility of enabling a Trump or Cruz presidency right on the back of Senator Sanders. We’ll see how he really feels about our nation.

==================

Update: The TPM users that responded to this post have leveler heads than I have. While I agree with them for the “greater good”, I forgive myself my righteous fury. I have no patience left for this sanctimonious blowhard.

82 Likes

Oh fuck you, Bernie.

If you can’t support the Democratic nominee in November, why the fuck are you asking for Democrats to support your candidacy?

127 Likes

Hey Bernie, you self-righteous scold, I’ll be voting for Hillary today and flipping you a big 'ol bird, you Nader writ large, you petty, small person, you selfish, self-involved pied piper. There’s a world outside your skull that would be a lot better off if Donald Trump weren’t running it. You might think about that before you run that mouth of yours more.

101 Likes

I swear that Bernie Sanders seems to have secretly hired Eliot Cutler as director of strategy and messaging.

15 Likes

“And if Secretary Clinton wins, it is incumbent upon her to tell millions of people who right now do not believe in establishment politics or establishment economics, who have serious misgivings about a candidate who has received millions of dollars from Wall Street and other special interests,” he said. “She has got to go out to you.”

How many years has this guy been a Washington insider? I lost count.
What a phony.

86 Likes

And Bernie fans used to brush off the fact that the man has made around 0 friends in Congress in 25 years of being there.

Or the amazing coincidence that he never passed any consequential legislation in those 25 years there.

Bernie keeping it classy. Once an asshole, always an asshole.

59 Likes

What Sanders seems to be saying here is that if Secretary Clinton does not say all the right things, he’s perfectly comfortable with President Trump, Cruz, or Kasich choosing the next several Supreme Court Justices. At a certain point, both the candidates and the voters have to start acting like adults, not children who take their toys and go home when they don’t get their way.

72 Likes

“It should have been me.”
(or, subtitled “Feel The Bernedict!”)

jw1

49 Likes

Ego ego ego…

It’s destroying any good he has done.

51 Likes

Cranky old man here…Why ask Dems to vote for you and then desert the party when you lose?

However, it might not be as big a problem as he hopes…

42 Likes

It looks like Barney Frank’s assessment of Sanders was completely accurate.

97 Likes

luckily i don’t think he can be a Nader spoiler but he may cost some down ballot Dems. Once again proving he cares more about himself and his ego then the progressive cause.

46 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available