Discussion: Sanders' 2020 Ambitions May Be On Shaky Ground Amid Allegations

As usual, centrist, Third-Way Dems, make it all about the messenger instead of the message. It’s not Bernie’s policies–it’s him as a person. And we all know how corrupt Bernie is, right? Isn’t that what everyone says about Bernie? So throw something–anything–at him and hope it sticks because he’s been delivering the messages that have driven the party since 2016 and will continue to drive it in 2020 if he runs. So make it about the messenger any way you can–not those popular messages. “He’s a sexist.” (Not like centrist Hillary, who personally made sure a guy accused of sexual harassment stayed on her campaign in 2008 and whose campaign manager in 2016 covered for several of his friends who were accused of sexual harassment.) So yes, mainstream Dems, make it all about the messenger again and see how well you do in 2020. (Didn’t fifteen Republicans and one Democrat try that against someone named Trump in 2016?) And go down to defeat again.

1 Like

Darcy is always there (except when banished) to provide red herrings & false equivalencies… especially to bash Clinton or anyone on these boards that dare raise a challenge to flaws in logic or premise.

1 Like

Only for 2014.

Darcy is always there (except when banished) to provide red herrings & false equivalencies… especially to bash Clinton or anyone on these boards that dare raise a challenge to flaws in logic or premise.

Hey mike, please include me next time you’re trashing me.

How ‘bout a few examples from my posts mike - red herrings & false equivalencies. And any other red herrings of your own you want to throw in. There are many magical leaps of logic here at TPM to get to a conclusion supporting HRC, that make the whole exercise not even worth responding to. But I get it, you’re pissed. Just don’t tell me it’s Bernie and Bernie’s Bad Boys’ fault or responsibility as to why we’re in the mess we’re in. I could easily make that argument against Hillary. But it would serve no purpose.

I Was Sexually Harassed on Bernie Sanders’s 2016 Campaign. I Will Not Be Weaponized or Dismissed.
Last week, my experience, and that of some of my female co-workers, became the focus of a New York Times story on the sexual harassment and sexism that took place in the 2016 Bernie Sanders campaign. I told my story to bring attention to the sexist environment that is unfortunately endemic to most workspaces, including political campaigns. However, I was disheartened to discover that the takeaway by many pundits was not that sexism and harassment is pervasive, but that Sanders was somehow uniquely culpable…the corporate media unfairly focused on Sanders — casting the harassment that happened within his campaign much differently than similar cases with other campaigns — implicating his personal ethics in a way that they’ve declined to do with other politicians.

Nonsense. He’s the most trusted and popular politician in America. He will run and he will win.

1 Like

Sanders having the gall to take on Queen Hillary in the primary is the real “abuse” he’s being acused of. Now, her former courtiers are miffed that Sanders is the most popular politician in America, while Hillary, well, isn’t.

1 Like

Last I heard Hillary is not running in 2020. So comparisons between the two of them make no sense to me. For me, the current question is are the problems with how Bernie ran his campaign disqualifying for the office?

For me they are.

You tell me who is corrupt.

Bernie’s wife had big wonderful plans for Burlington College. She took a fancy salary and bought a wonderful campus they couldn’t afford from a local Catholic institution and when her anticipated growth in enrollment didn’t occur the college went bankrupt and the land ended up in the hands of a local developer who was a friend. Meanwhile, expected donations were exaggerated in the documents used to obtain the loan to buy the land in the first place. But we will probably never know because many of the relevant records disappeared in a suspicious fire.

The local Republicans put the FBI up to investigating this. My guess is that it was simply bad judgment but who knows?

1 Like

Well, this is holding up well for you after the Gabbard announcement yesterday /sarcasm

Well, you know, good looking women tend to get away with pretty much anything. But then there are those who spend their best years chasing after losers. But that’s another story for another day. BTW, how many days do we have left?

GOP Troll.

Nope. Back in the primaries I checked out the facts. You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. So check your data. Got most of this from Vermont papers.

1 Like

You actually believe that shit? What have you been smoking?

Even if it’s all true–unlikely–it pales compared to what Hillary did with the Clinton foundation (shaking down foreign governments for donations while she was secretary of state) and of course what Trump does every day (everything crooked you can think of and many things you can’t).

2 Likes

Between Trump and the local skunk, I’d vote for the skunk. Between Bernie and the Democrats running for the Democratic nomination most of the others are better choices.

I’d stopped following this stuff but found this when I was looking for sources to back up my memory of what happened.

1 Like

From a long time admirer, NO…

Bull Phucky… you are the staff you surround yourself with. If you are a punk then so are they, etc, etc, etc.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available